Bodhert

Bodhert

Hello everyone!

I’m exploring ways to perform Image Quality Assessment (IQA) in Elixir and came across NIMA as a potential solution. However, I couldn’t find a plug-and-play model on Hugging Face that I could directly integrate.

After researching alternatives, I found BRISQUE and considered fine-tuning a general model like “google/vit-base-patch16-224” for this task. My main challenge is understanding how feasible it is to implement this entirely within Elixir. I want to serve the model from my elixir app, but my knowledge is limited when it comes to training models from scratch or deep knowledge about deep learning and machine learning methods in general.

Ideally, I’d love a solution similar to Livebook examples—something I can easily load and use. Does anyone have guidance on how to approach this? Any recommended models, libraries, or workflows that would fit within the Elixir ecosystem?

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

and example of what I will like to implement in elixir: Image Quality Detection API: Sharpness, Bluriness, Contrast and Brightness

Thanks in advance! :smiley:

Showing Posts 1 to 4

soyjeansoy

soyjeansoy

I wanted to add this IQA stuff in our CI pipeline. Good thing you’re interested in this part!

kip

kip

ex_cldr Core Team

Maybe this Python/PyTorch repo would be a useful reference point?

Bodhert

Bodhert OP

Yes! It serves as a reference point. I even found them on Hugging Face, but they weren’t compatible with Bumblebee, so I had to discard them. However, I experimented in a sandbox environment that uses the same library and it was exactly what I need. Unfortunately, I had no luck porting it to Elixir

meanderingstream

meanderingstream

Using pythonx may be a viable approach for using the BRISQUE Python library from Elixir to start with. Looking at the requirements and readme, a little, indicates that it relies on OpenCV. In Nx, OpenCV is evision. The BRISQUE output is a floating point number. I don’t believe we have any examples of outputting a floating point number from a vision neural network model. If you want a classification answer, you would need to choose at what score is the cutoff for your labels from the BISQUE score.

If you can use just the score result, an Elixir translation of the Python code using eVision may be a more practical approach.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews