You have years of experience in Object Oriented and Functional programming; you can express yourself fluently in Elixir. You know what TDD, Domain modeling and CQRS/ES is. You are also eager to find out what we mean by ‘Building a Collaborative AI’? Come learn with us in Amsterdam!
Company name: Impraise
Company info and history
We are Impraise, a team of international hackers, business hustlers and creative brains backed by the world’s most renowned startup accelerator, Y Combinator. We are here to make the process of management easier, especially for engineering managers new to it. We have a passion for design of beautiful products and we like to work with people who can bring in new skills, experience and energy. We are probably one of the most international startup teams of our size. We value open communication across different cultures and learning from each other, both personally and professionally. We made it our mission to change the way people learn and develop themselves at work by making feedback employee-driven.
Several parts of our existing architecture are powered by Elixir (data ingestion pipelines, Authorization…). Our new green-field project however is being written in Elixir, from scratch.
About the job
As part of our mission we are building a Collaborative AI for Engineering Managers and we are looking for skilled enthusiastic engineers to help us do that. You will be fully involved in the development and shaping of our new product; right now we have a greenfield situation.
based on experience, but here’s what we offer:
- Learn from a talented team, advisors and investors from Europe and USA
- Mission-driven product company solving a meaningful problem
- Vacation policy: 25 paid vacation days a year
- Up to €150 commute coverage for travel above 10km from the office
- Office Lunch available in the office daily for a small contribution
- Access to company Professional Development Allowance
- Health Allowance: €500 annually pro rata (in relation to wellness and exercise not health insurance)
- Travel for bereavement reimbursement
- Company provided laptop and equipment
- Remote policy: Ability to work up to 4 weeks per year remote to be with your family
- Sponsorship: Visa and relocation (if applicable)
- Weekly drinks on Friday afternoon, team buildings, company celebrations
Position on remote work: The position is in Amsterdam, NL. We do offer relocation.
Qualifications or experience required:
- 5+ years professional experience in computer science working in agile teams
- 2+ years of professional experience using Elixir
- Good understanding of the Elixir ecosystem
- You understand when to apply TDD and you have a ‘test driven mentality’
- Experience with Git, and making it a core part of your workflow
- You are not afraid to get your hands dirty: you can be productive across our entire stack if you have to
About the interview process
Our interview process is pretty straightforward:
- a few call calls to get to know you better
- a small exercise + a code review interview
- culture interview