CharlesO
How may we handle FOR JSON PATH queries with ERLANG ODBC?
I have the following simple query in SQL Server:
SELECT 'Bob' [name], 50 [age] FOR JSON PATH
The expected output in SSMS is:
JSON_F52E2B61-18A1-11d1-B105-00805F49916B
-----------------------------------------
[{"name":"Bob","age":50}]
(1 row affected)
Calling this same query with :odbc module in ELIXIR gives different result each time:
{:selected, ['JSON_F52E2B61-18A1-11d1-B105-00805F49916B'],
[
[
<<0, 0, 80, 0, 114, 0, 111, 0, 75, 246, 34, 87, 97, 33, 0, 128, 32, 0, 70, 0, 105, 0, 108, 0, 74, 246, 33, 87, 92, 34, 0, 128, 105, 0, 99, 0, 114, 0, 111, 0, 73, 246, 32, 87, 102, 35, 0, 128, 32,
0>>
]
]}
iex(23)>
{:selected, ['JSON_F52E2B61-18A1-11d1-B105-00805F49916B'],
[[<<0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 207, 63, 70, 190, 0, 5, 0, 142, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 204, 63, 69, 190, 253, 6, 0, 138, 7, 0, 0, 0, 67, 0, 0, 0, 205, 63, 68, 190, 0, 7, 0, 137, 112, 97>>]]}
iex(24)>
Is there a config setting required to get the correct results?
I use the following defaults:
defp _connect(conn_str) do
:odbc.connect(
to_charlist("Driver={ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server};Server=" <> conn_str),
timeout: 30_000,
auto_commit: :on,
binary_strings: :on,
tuple_row: :off,
scrollable_cursors: :off,
trace_driver: :off,
extended_errors: :on
)
end
I would expect the result for invoking the same function multiple times would be the same?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
CharlesO
A workaround would be to cast as varchar(8000)
At least this works