Discord is a small group of passionate gamers whose mission is to bring people together around games.
Do you get excited about working on a distributed system with millions of concurrent users? How about writing and deploying code to it without any downtime? What about keeping API latency under 15ms? How about making sure the system handles failure and heals itself so the team can sleep at night?
If these are the kinds of problems that interest you, then we would love to chat.
About the job
Job title: Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure
- Participating in building and running a distributed, worldwide, real-time system that processes millions of events per second.
- Working with a modern tech stack built on GCE with Elixir/Erlang, Python, Go, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, and a hint of C++ where appropriate.
- Architecting efficient and creative solutions to scale our backend systems.
- Deploying your own code.
- Building internal tools and libraries.
Salary range: Competitive salary with the San Francisco Bay area
Position on remote work: This position is on-site only (San Francisco)
Qualifications or experience required:
- Minimum of 4 years experience building scalable backend systems.
- Experience working on, and deploying, large-scale systems in Python, Go, Elixir/Erlang, or other similar languages.
- Experience debugging a live production system.
- Self-motivation and the ability to take a high-level goal and deliver shippable code.
What the successful job applicant will be working on: See job description
About the interview process
After applying on our site if your skills are a match with the requirements we will
follow up with a standard interview process. You can expect a mix of coding and architecture questions as well as soft skills ones. We like to make sure Discord is a diverse and welcoming environment so we like to make sure anyone joining share that vision.
If you have any further questions about this position don’t hesitate reaching us out on email@example.com referencing this post