rrmartins
I’m trying to install the most current versions of elixir and erlang here on the mac.
I’m getting a segmentation fault error, so I’m trying to install via asdf and I get these errors.
> asdf install erlang 24.2
asdf_24.2 is not a kerl-managed Erlang/OTP installation
The asdf_24.2 build has been deleted
Extracting source code
Building Erlang/OTP 24.2 (asdf_24.2), please wait...
APPLICATIONS DISABLED (See: /Users/rrmartins/.asdf/plugins/erlang/kerl-home/builds/asdf_24.2/otp_build_24.2.log)
* jinterface : Java compiler disabled by user
* wx : User gave --without-wx option
* odbc : User gave --without-odbc option
Build failed.
compiling multi-threaded driver:
clang -c -DMEGACO_DRV_NAME=\"megaco_flex_scanner_drv_mt\" -fno-common -Werror=return-type -g -O2 -I/usr/local/opt/openssl@1.1/include -fPIC -fno-common -DOTP_RELEASE -DMFS_FLEX_DEBUG=0 -I/Users/rrmartins/.asdf/plugins/erlang/kerl-home/builds/asdf_24.2/otp_src_24.2/erts/emulator/beam -I/Users/rrmartins/.asdf/plugins/erlang/kerl-home/builds/asdf_24.2/otp_src_24.2/erts/include -I/Users/rrmartins/.asdf/plugins/erlang/kerl-home/builds/asdf_24.2/otp_src_24.2/erts/include/x86_64-apple-darwin22.3.0 -I/Users/rrmartins/.asdf/plugins/erlang/kerl-home/builds/asdf_24.2/otp_src_24.2/erts/include/internal -I/Users/rrmartins/.asdf/plugins/erlang/kerl-home/builds/asdf_24.2/otp_src_24.2/erts/include/internal/x86_64-apple-darwin22.3.0 -I/Users/rrmartins/.asdf/plugins/erlang/kerl-home/builds/asdf_24.2/otp_src_24.2/erts/emulator/sys/unix -I/Users/rrmartins/.asdf/plugins/erlang/kerl-home/builds/asdf_24.2/otp_src_24.2/erts/emulator/sys/common -I/Users/rrmartins/.asdf/plugins/erlang/kerl-home/builds/asdf_24.2/otp_src_24.2/erts/x86_64-apple-darwin22.3.0 -funroll-loops -Wall -DMEGACO_LINENO -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT -DPOSIX_THREADS -DMEGACO_REENTRANT_FLEX_SCANNER -o ../../priv/obj/x86_64-apple-darwin22.3.0/megaco_flex_scanner_drv_mt.o megaco_flex_scanner_drv_mt.c
make[5]: *** [../../ebin/megaco_flex_scanner.beam] Segmentation fault: 11
make[5]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[5]: *** [../../ebin/megaco_flex_scanner_handler.beam] Segmentation fault: 11
make[4]: *** [opt] Error 2
make[3]: *** [opt] Error 2
make[2]: *** [opt] Error 2
make[1]: *** [opt] Error 2
make: *** [libs] Error 2
Please see /Users/rrmartins/.asdf/plugins/erlang/kerl-home/builds/asdf_24.2/otp_build_24.2.log for full details.
anybody can help me in this situation? ![]()
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
JohnnyCurran
It looks like it’s trying to build x86_64 where being on the M2 your architecture is arm based.
Is your terminal running under Rosetta? Is zsh running under Rosetta?
LostKobrakai
OTP is already on version 25, soon 26.
Nicd
If you search the forum for your error messages, you will find many threads. Such as this, which should be very relevant: Asdf install erlang 25.2 failing, unsure of cause, on Mac OSX Monterey 12.5.1 M1 Pro - #6 by Nicd
My guess is that you are running in Rosetta mode with a Homebrew installation migrated from an x86 MacBook (or installed in Rosetta mode). You need to make sure your terminal is in ARM mode (check
arch). Then you need to uninstall Homebrew and reinstall it (if you want to use it). After that you can useasdfto install Erlang.rrmartins
hi everyone,
I uninstalled the homebrew, because was installed with x86_64, and I installed the homebrew “basic” to my mac M2 arm. After this everything I installed had the arm.