tjhanley

tjhanley

I am trying to install elixir on our Centos 7 build agents.

I’ve installed erlang 19

$ erl
Erlang/OTP 19 [erts-8.1] [source-77fb4f8] [64-bit] [smp:4:4] [async-threads:10] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V8.1  (abort with ^G)
1>

I’ve pulled the tar for 1.4.2 from github. When I run
make clean test

This is the output I am getting.

  1) test installs public keys (Mix.Tasks.Local.PublicKeysTest)
     test/mix/tasks/local.public_keys_test.exs:31
     ** (Mix.Error) Could not decode public key: /home/tomha/elixir-1.4.2/lib/mix/tmp/sample.pub. The public key contents are shown below.

     -----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY-----
     MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAmlRL//AgfszL2vkk7G3K
     t+vrI2d3aG+fGD4BZ1k1Qd/mS0EoDNfDQCpqtLzdM7oOjtu0BNCBvG3HC0tlAU92
     i3EFqEC7RSHNIGYrQ4g5WwGQMw8+Qp3D32esw7iRZKvtJu8IpS7l8x4KQq1QbfTh
     s+3yFOQyytnY6of7w2Rv37WtdA3wKAIP6yPgvl8QzwxHRORX4zNcadsJOuZt3ncv
     Bq7pyQN8g2ddF86Ycep/+cU4/onnGW3zHn5pGdvuiHqxGOq+s3+UzljLyLlTCwzz
     ncYdESIw29EEIB5xTcT0Q4qRQEuDwcp8/fASTZ7c6lv8AfpRKb69tGWLoXcx/V9P
     dQIDAQAB
     -----END PUBLIC KEY-----


     Public keys must be valid and be in the PEM format

     stacktrace:
       (mix) lib/mix.ex:276: Mix.raise/1
       (mix) lib/mix/tasks/local.public_keys.ex:63: Mix.Tasks.Local.PublicKeys.install/2
       test/mix/tasks/local.public_keys_test.exs:36: (test)

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

  2) test select correct versions from csv (Mix.LocalTest)
     test/mix/local_test.exs:80
     ** (Mix.Error) Could not decode public key: in-memory public key for Elixir v1.4.2. The public key contents are shown below.

     -----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY-----
     MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAslPz1mAfyAvRv8W8xOdv
     HQMbDJkDKfRhsL4JBGwGH7qw0xh+TbaUlNaM3pF+i8VUjS/4FeXjT/OAUEAHu5Y2
     rBVlx00QcH8Dpbyf+H73XiCs0MXnTSecqDgzx6i6NMi8knklHT7yHySHtuuPmPuN
     Po8QTKolCKftwPE/iNDeyZfwufd+hTCoCQdoTVcB01SElfNtvKRtoKbx35q80IPr
     rOcGsALmr58+bWqCTY/51kFeRxzrPJ5LdcLU/AebyWddD4IUfPDxk16jTiCagMWA
     JPSwo8NUrWDIBbD+rEUp06y0ek276rG5Tzm/3Bma56RN/u6nAqBTBE8F2Hu2QBKj
     lQIDAQAB
     -----END PUBLIC KEY-----


     Public keys must be valid and be in the PEM format

     stacktrace:
       (mix) lib/mix.ex:276: Mix.raise/1
       (mix) lib/mix/public_key.ex:56: anonymous fn/4 in Mix.PublicKey.verify/3
       (elixir) lib/enum.ex:2732: Enum.do_any?/2
       (mix) lib/mix/local.ex:125: Mix.Local.find_matching_versions_from_signed_csv!/2
       test/mix/local_test.exs:86: anonymous fn/0 in Mix.LocalTest.test select correct versions from csv/1
       (elixir) lib/file.ex:1162: File.cd!/2
       test/mix/local_test.exs:81: (test)

..................

Finished in 91.4 seconds (6.0s on load, 85.4s on tests)
405 tests, 2 failures

Randomized with seed 941253
make: *** [test_mix] Error 1

Showing Posts 1 to 10

tjhanley

tjhanley OP

more specific

Installed Packages
erlang.x86_64                                                       19.3-1.el7.centos

It looks like something may be broken with ssl or crypto?

$ mix
Could not find Hex, which is needed to build dependency :loki
Shall I install Hex? (if running non-interactively, use: "mix local.hex --force") [Yn]

22:30:42.441 [info]  Application crypto exited: :stopped
** (MatchError) no match of right hand side value: {:error, {:asn1, {'no such file or directory', 'asn1.app'}}}
    (mix) lib/mix/utils.ex:432: Mix.Utils.read_httpc/1
    (mix) lib/mix/utils.ex:376: Mix.Utils.read_path/2
    (mix) lib/mix/local.ex:139: Mix.Local.read_path!/2
    (mix) lib/mix/local.ex:118: Mix.Local.find_matching_versions_from_signed_csv!/2
    (mix) lib/mix/tasks/local.hex.ex:29: Mix.Tasks.Local.Hex.run/1
    (mix) lib/mix/dep/loader.ex:143: Mix.Dep.Loader.with_scm_and_app/4
    (mix) lib/mix/dep/loader.ex:99: Mix.Dep.Loader.to_dep/3
    (elixir) lib/enum.ex:1229: Enum."-map/2-lists^map/1-0-"/2
Corys

Corys

You have OpenSSL installed?

tjhanley

tjhanley OP

Yes :confused:

Installed Packages
openssl.x86_64                                                            1:1.0.1e-60.el7_3.1
tjhanley

tjhanley OP

Interesting… it seems like yum install erlang-19.3* installs a bad package. If I do yum install esl-erlang-19.3 things are happier.

ChaseGilliam

ChaseGilliam

You should use the erlang solutions erlang install and build elixir from source on CentOS, imho. Try this set of instructions

tjhanley

tjhanley OP

I’ll try the precompiled :thumbsup:

ChaseGilliam

ChaseGilliam

let me know how it goes

tjhanley

tjhanley OP

I am getting this now with the precompiled version:

$ /opt/elixir/elixir-lang-elixir-e25c371/bin/elixir --version
{"init terminating in do_boot",{undef,[{elixir,start_cli,[],[]},{init,start_em,1,[]},{init,do_boot,3,[]}]}}
init terminating in do_boot ({undef,[{elixir,start_cli,[],[]},{init,start_em,1,[]},{init,do_boot,3,[]}]})

Crash dump is being written to: erl_crash.dump...
NobbZ

NobbZ

This message "init terminating in do_boot" occured very often to me, when the files were compiled with a newer erlang version than the one that is currently available.

ChaseGilliam

ChaseGilliam

It may be the Erlang version like @NobbZ is suggesting. Which Erlang and Elixir versions are you using?

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews