Installing Elixometer or Exometer

Hi,

I’m trying to setup Elixometer or even just Exometer with a fresh project but I’m running into errors. I’ve encountered the issues described at Could not compile dependency :setup, "/Users/alan/.mix/rebar3 bare compile --paths · Issue #98 · pinterest/elixometer · GitHub and the suggested fixes allowed me to make some progress but not yet until the point of being able to start iex -S mix.

I’ve tried instructions provided in these blog posts without success:
https://medium.com/@mschae/measuring-your-phoenix-app-d63a77b13bda

Since I don’t really understand how mix interacts with rebar and mix.lock file, I’m confused. Would anyone have a deps specification that works?

Thank you

1 Like

I had the same issues: installed rebar and have following in mix.exs:

defp deps do
[
{:exometer_core, “~> 1.4”},
{:elixometer, github: “pinterest/elixometer”},
{:setup, “1.8.4”, override: true, manager: :rebar},
{:lager, “3.6.2”, override: true},
{:comeonin, “~> 3.0”},
{:guardian,
github: “borodark/guardian”, branch: “feature/live_permissions”, override: true},
{:mariaex, “~> 0.8”},
{:ecto, “~> 2.2”}
]
end

I did run mix deps.unlock --all and mix do deps.clean --all.
Now mix do deps.get, deps.compile works. Will see if it will work on run time.

Well, I lost most of Friday to this but got it working in the end. I had some weird behaviour, including setup compiling over and over again until I ctrl-c’d.

I had lots of issues compiling all sorts of dependencies when I was trying to get full exometer installed for the statsd logging. Then I stumbled upon exometer_statix which does the trick with less fuss.

(Some issues may or may not have been connected with having a version of rebar and rebar3 on my path due to getting some example Erlang compiling during a Quickcheck tutorial last week.)

This is what I have for deps in my mix.exs:

[
      {:exometer_core, "~> 1.4"},
      {:elixometer, "~> 1.2.0"},
      {:exometer_statix, "~> 0.1.0"},
      {:pobox, "~> 1.0.4"}
    ]

I still have edit into mix.lock to make setup use rebar rather than rebar3. {:setup, "1.8.4", manager: :rebar} does nothing for me (with or without override. ¯\(ツ)

FYI, my hex.info is

Hex:    0.17.7
Elixir: 1.6.4
OTP:    20.3