Installing nerves on a ubuntu 16.04 fails

I’m trying to install nerves at a ubuntu 16.04 and I’m stuck at the asdf erlang 20.2 command. I’v installed libwxgtk3.0-dev, too but
I get this error-message

APPLICATIONS DISABLED (See: /home/fa/.asdf/plugins/erlang/kerl-home/builds/asdf_20.2/otp_build_20.2.log)

• odbc : ODBC library - link check failed

APPLICATIONS INFORMATION (See: /home/fa/.asdf/plugins/erlang/kerl-home/builds/asdf_20.2/otp_build_20.2.log)

• wx : wxWidgets not found, wx will NOT be usable

DOCUMENTATION INFORMATION (See: /home/fa/.asdf/plugins/erlang/kerl-home/builds/asdf_20.2/otp_build_20.2.log)

• documentation :
  •              xsltproc is missing.

•              fop is missing.

•              xmllint is missing.

•              The documentation can not be built.

Has anyone an idea?

1 Like

The prerequisites for the odbc and wx applications are not met. The erlang installation will still work with the exception of wx and odbc applications and the documentation.

I’ve never actually installed the odbc one but wx and documentation are pretty handy.

Have you followed the dependency instructions under https://github.com/asdf-vm/asdf-erlang?

From what I can see libwxgtk3-dev should pull in all the needed packages to build wx EDIT you may need libpng3 too . For documentation you need to install xsltproc and fop

1 Like

I can’t say for sure what’s happening but it might be a good idea to raise an issue on the asdf repo. They are usually pretty friendly in my experience