benlime
I just published a Visual Studio Code extension with IntelliSense support for hex.pm Package Versions, because bugged me, that I had to open hex.pm quite often to check which versions for a specified packages are available.
It is inspired by the IntelliSense for npm packages in package.json files. The extension gives you autocomplete suggestions when you are in a mix.exs inside the deps function. See the gif below.
This is my first VSCode extension and a very early release, so expect room for improvement.
Please let me know what you think.

Trending in Announcing
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Following on from my CLDR lbraries I started work on Unicode transforms. But like everything related to CLDR there is a lot of yak-shavin...
New
Other Trending Topics
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development?
Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
idi527
I usually use
mix hex.info <package_name>OvermindDL1
Heh, I have a similar plugin for npm in Atom, any chance porting this over? ^.^
benlime
Yep, but still you would have to switch to a terminal. I like the autocomplete, it’s a little more convenient
benlime
Yea, a port should be not that difficult. If I find some time to learn how Atom Packages work, I will port it. But don’t know when this will be.
benlime
Just wanted to let you know that I released version 0.2 of the plugin with improved detection of the
depsblock and better sorting.gon782
Great work on this! You have a new user here.
Also, VSCode extension discovery is great, but here is a link to the extension for anyone interested:
VS Marketplace
GitHub
alvises
Exactly what I was looking for!
@benlime are you also going to implement package search? Something like when you start writing “:httpoi..” you have a list of libraries with description. Same as package.json dependencies on vscode
benlime
Thats a nice idea. Will look into it!
benlime
Version 0.3.0 is now available. This should noticeable improve the ux by also providing suggestions after you typed “~>”.
alvises
Fantastic! Thank you