wfgilman
My logs are showing intermittent timeout errors for queries that are normally really quick (milliseconds). They are just SELECT queries for ~10 records.
DBConnection.Connection: 20:52:25.688 [error] Postgrex.Protocol (#PID<0.2258.0>)
disconnected: ** (DBConnection.ConnectionError) client #PID<0.2502.0> timed out because
it checked out the connection for longer than 15000ms
Has anyone experienced this? Some thoughts that come to mind:
- Connectivity of RDS
- Records are being locked by another process
Would appreciate any commentary here. I’m not sure how to go about debugging this. I read all the threads about passing extended timeouts to the DB, but that doesn’t seem necessary since I don’t have any ecto queries that run over 1s.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
OvermindDL1
Should probably turn on the query logger as well as
EXPLAINing the query to start with.wfgilman
Do you mean, like, enable
debug: true?OvermindDL1
Heh, I mean on the PostgreSQL Server itself, I’m pretty sure this will be standard SQL server debugging rather than anything Elixir specific (though it’s possible, I find it highly unlikely).
byungjikroh
I have same problem. Not slow query takes too much time more than timeout setting.
I haven’t solved this problem and not found out a hint to solve.
wfgilman
What hint did you find out?
byungjikroh
No no. I meant I didn’t find any hint. Sorry.
ardhitama
In your config xxxx.exs do something like the following.
Try the
:infinitywfgilman
I’m sure that would do the trick, but it would just address the symptom. I’m trying to uncover the source of the problem. If I figure it out I’ll post it up here.
ardhitama
That problem also happened to one my project, but the conn is to external network, so my guess is something about slow TCP handshake.
But yours maybe something about conn pool maxed out.
wfgilman
That’s what I’m thinking.