schliemannw
Hello all!
I just started playing with LiveDashboard in an existing Phoenix project I have. In dev it works flawlessly but when I run it in production I get a status code 500 when trying to access it.
This is what I get in my log:
Request: GET /dashboard/home
** (exit) an exception was raised:
** (Protocol.UndefinedError) protocol Phoenix.HTML.Safe not implemented for %{errors: %{detail: "Internal Server Error"}} of type Map. This protocol is implemented for the following type(s): Atom, BitString, Date, DateTime, Decimal, Float, Integer, List, Money, NaiveDateTime, Phoenix.HTML.Form, Phoenix.LiveComponent.CID, Phoenix.LiveView.Component, Phoenix.LiveView.Comprehension, Phoenix.LiveView.JS, Phoenix.LiveView.Rendered, Time, Tuple
(phoenix_html 3.2.0) lib/phoenix_html/safe.ex:1: Phoenix.HTML.Safe.impl_for!/1
(phoenix_html 3.2.0) lib/phoenix_html/safe.ex:15: Phoenix.HTML.Safe.to_iodata/1
(phoenix 1.6.11) lib/phoenix/controller.ex:772: Phoenix.Controller.render_and_send/4
(phoenix 1.6.11) lib/phoenix/endpoint/render_errors.ex:78: Phoenix.Endpoint.RenderErrors.instrument_render_and_send/5
(phoenix 1.6.11) lib/phoenix/endpoint/render_errors.ex:64: Phoenix.Endpoint.RenderErrors.__catch__/5
(phoenix 1.6.11) lib/phoenix/endpoint/cowboy2_handler.ex:54: Phoenix.Endpoint.Cowboy2Handler.init/4
(cowboy 2.9.0) /opt/app/deps/cowboy/src/cowboy_handler.erl:37: :cowboy_handler.execute/2
(cowboy 2.9.0) /opt/app/deps/cowboy/src/cowboy_stream_h.erl:306: :cowboy_stream_h.execute/3
I googled the issue but it seems that it’s been smooth sail for everybody, I couldn’t find anyone with the same issue. If it matters, I’m running my project on Google Cloud Run, so it’s dockerized.
Thank you!
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
darnahsan
the error stack seems to be a follow up error to 500 response, you should check what is causing an internal server error in the first place
schliemannw
Hi! Any suggestion on where to start?
My application is just API and I have a very limited knowledge of the web portion of Phoenix and even less so of LiveView. Since nothing in that stack is my code I thought perhaps it would be obvious to someone if this looks like a configuration issue.
darnahsan
not sure if this is default or your api trying to return
%{errors: %{detail: "Internal Server Error"}}it could be a good start to check if you are trying to respond with this somewhere i supposeschliemannw
The results of my endpoints don’t have this format… if it had, I imagine it would be an issue that would manifest in dev as well, right? Anyways, thanks for the insight!