wlminimal
Hi all.
I want to be my website works in 2 locales (en , ko)
so I followed this tutorial
I installed set_locala package
and it will look like this.
in router.ex
pipeline :browser do
plug :accepts, ["html"]
plug :fetch_session
plug :fetch_flash
plug :protect_from_forgery
plug :put_secure_browser_headers
plug SetLocale, gettext: TextingWeb.Gettext, default_locale: "ko", cookie_key: "project_locale"
end
scope "/:locale", TextingWeb do
pipe_through :browser # Use the default browser stack
get "/", PageController, :index
# Sign in and out
get "/sign-in", AuthController, :new, as: :sign_in
post "/sign-in", AuthController, :new, as: :sign_in
get "/sign-out", AuthController, :delete, as: :sign_out
get "/sign-in/:token", AuthController, :create, as: :sign_in
get "/sign-up", UserController, :new, as: :sign_up
post "/sign-up", UserController, :create, as: :sign_up
get "/confirm-email", ConfirmEmailController, :new
post "/confirm-email", ConfirmEmailController, :create
end
It works ok, It displays other locale (Korean), but when I tried to sign-in, it doesn’t work.
params that I submited from sign-in form ignored,
[debug] Processing with TextingWeb.AuthController.new/2
Parameters: %{"locale" => "ko"}
Pipelines: [:browser]
It only returns %{“locale” => “ko”}
how can I work around this?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
OvermindDL1
Can you link to the
set_localalibrary?sfusato
I believe this is the
set_localelibrary the OP is referring to (linked from the tutorial):OvermindDL1
Ah, in that case it looks like that library has a bug:
https://github.com/smeevil/set_locale/blob/master/lib/set_locale.ex#L42
It appears it only supports converting GET requests, as it will turn any missing locale parameter into a redirected
getrequest, unsure why it does that, seems like it would be better to just inject the locale string into the parameter list of the current request so downstream can pretend it is on the argument list.Although based on what it’s doing it looks like it could just be replaced by a fairly simple GetText language setting plug inline with the router.
wlminimal
Oh, Thanks, I really appreciate that.