mschae
Dear Elixorians,
As we are about to move more of our backend onto Neo4J I discovered that they now feature their own binary protocol called Bolt.
I wanted to get into binary pattern matching anyway so I used this as a learning project. However this is intended to become a serious package. Therefore any ideas/feedback/criticism is much appreciated.
You can check out the docs here:
Find a very rough first (functioning!) prototype here:
https://github.com/mschae/boltex
This is my first stab at writing any kind of low lever driver, so please be nice.
Thanks,
Michael
Trending in Announcing
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Following on from my CLDR lbraries I started work on Unicode transforms. But like everything related to CLDR there is a lot of yak-shavin...
New
Other Trending Topics
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development?
Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 7- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
tpunt
So what is the status of this project? I’m starting up a new project today and am looking to use Neo4j again, but this time with its Bolt binary protocol. There appears to be one other driver that satisfies this (bolt_sips), but neither driver appears to be stable or complete yet.
Deithrian
Neo4j is awesome now gaiz
Neo4j 3.1 GA release: Causal clustering, security & more
LawJolla
I’ve had great luck with GitHub - florinpatrascu/bolt_sips: Neo4j driver for Elixir · GitHub
Just updated for connection to remote Das like GrapheneDB.
Deithrian
:etls doesn’t compile under windows, fair warning.
Personally fixed it with Hyper-V and fullscreen Ubuntu install, works like a charm ^^
Florin
bolt_sips is stable, what features are you looking for, in order to determine if the driver is complete?
krapans
Just returned from London’s BETT conference and one guy was telling me about this Graph DB and first what I tough, is there an adapter in elixir for that
Thanks @mschae for sharing this. Bookmarked! 
Florin
update: I changed bolt_sips to use the standard :ssl package by default, therefore it should compile under Windows too. Using ETLS, is optional now, please see the updated docs. HTH