KiKi
Hi,
I’ve created a small web app and now I would like to turn in into a mobile app (iOS and Android). All I need is a wrapper really so I think Ionic would be a good choice. On the front end, I would like to use Liveview, it should be perfect for what I need. Another solution is Vue, but as I don’t have much experience with it, I would use it only if it has some really big advantage over Liveview. Third option is a PWA, I also don’t have any experience with it, and I haven’t seen many PWA apps so I’m not sure if that would be a good choice.
Could you please give me some advice and guidance on how to proceed?
Trending in Discussions
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development?
Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Exadra37
The simplest way to have a PWA web app is to add a manifest file to it, and you can use an online generator:
This manifest file will allow your web app to be added into a mobile device and “behave” and “look” like a mobile app.
After this you can then start to try to add to your web app more features of a PWA, like support for service workers if it makes sense.
A good starting point may be here:
tejpochiraju
This may or may not help you with your specific choices but I just posted a blog on hosting PWAs with Phoenix. I use our Websockets client as an example. This particular one is pretty simple and only uses a dash of AlpineJS but no reason you couldn’t go all out with Vue or similar.
For what it’s worth, if you plan to integrate with Phoenix routing and hosting (not just APIs), Vue is likely to be simpler than Ionic. Ionic requires you to use their build tools and I have found fiddling there to be quite tricky. With Vue, you could get started by simply dropping in a script tag and binding components to elements on the page. You could then do what I do in the blog and just point the router and assets the right way.