kaquadu

kaquadu

Hello!
As the title says - I’ve got a problem with iOS search button on the iPhone. I want the iOS search button redirect to the search page with given parameter. If the suggestions in the Live View module are available and suggested input is chosen while clicking on the search button - nothing happens (if the suggestion is not chosen the flow is the same). Once the suggestions are off the button works fine and redirects me to search with given parameter.

<%= form_for :search, Routes.search_path(@socket, :index), [phx_change: "suggest", method: :get], fn f -> %>
  <input type="search" name="search" list="matches" autocomplete="off"  />
  <button type="submit"></button>
  <datalist id="matches">
    <%= for match <- @matches do %>
      <option value="<%= match %>"><%= match %></option>
    <% end %>
  </datalist>
<% end %>
defmodule MyAppWeb.IndexSearchLive do
  # uses
  use Phoenix.LiveView

  # aliases
  alias MyAppWeb.PageView

  # imports
  import MyAppWeb.LiveSuggestionsHelper

  def mount(_params, %{"locale" => locale}, socket) do
    Gettext.put_locale(locale)

    socket = assign(socket, matches: [])
    {:ok, socket}
  end

  def handle_event("suggest", %{"search" => location}, socket)
      when location not in ["", nil] do
    if String.length(location) >= 1 do
      {:noreply, assign(socket, matches: suggest(location))}
    else
      {:noreply, assign(socket, matches: [])}
    end
  end # - once this function is commented the search button works fine, but there are no suggestions

  def handle_event(_event, _params, socket) do
    {:noreply, assign(socket, unhandled: true)}
  end

  def render(assigns) do
    PageView.render("search.html", assigns)
  end
end

I think that type="search and name="search" is obligatory for the iOS search button to work - however if I am wrong please correct me.

I would really appreciate any kind of advice.

Edit: When I say iOS search button I mean the system one, which appears in the system keyboard while typing, the blue one in the right bottom corner :stuck_out_tongue:

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

AndyL
There’s heavy doomer energy on many of the forum threads. This community has traditionally been optimistic and forward thinking. Now th...
#ai
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews