Is it possible to have multiple user accounts with the Gigalixir CLI?

When using the gigalixir CLI it seems to only allow a single account login and stores the API key in ~/.netrc but is there a way to set multiple accounts on a single machine? Ideally based on the directory you’re working under? I couldn’t find anything in the documentation.

Trying to make sure I don’t mix up my personal and work accounts.

2 Likes

Unfortunately right now we only allow a single user account logged in at a time. What we recommend is to use gigalixir access:add so that your work apps can be managed by your personal account or vice versa. I can understand though if you don’t want to do that. In that case, perhaps you can use a docker container or VM to stay logged in to two accounts.

2 Likes

Good to know at least. Thank you.

Would you consider adding an option to the CLI program as to which file to use for its config/state? It can default to the current file if the CLI switch is omitted but it would also allow for people to have unlimited amount of profiles if it is specified.

I have no clue how hard could that be and I apologize – I don’t want to sound entitled! It just sounds like a good compromise at the moment but do correct me if I am wrong (which I likely am).