calebjosue
Is it possible to implement a static website using the Phoenix Framework?
I know it is overkill since there are some tools like nginx (I already was running my personal website on nginx).
Still, in the priv/static directory I have created an index.html file and in the PageController controller I have the following code:
defmodule TestTwoWeb.PageController do
use TestTwoWeb, :controller
def home(conn, _params) do
# render(conn, :home, layout: false)
conn
|> put_resp_header("content-type", "text/html; charset=utf-8")
|> Plug.Conn.send_file(200, Application.app_dir(:test_two, "priv/static/index.html"))
end
end
And it works great!
However, if index.html happens to have links to other web pages within the website, I get an error about non existing routes for those web pages, since I haven’t defined no more controllers for these other web pages.
Is it possible to achieve this linkage to the other web pages without writing the controllers and defining the routes?
Thanks and happy weekend!
–
Caleb
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
derek-zhou
If you really want to do this, the easiest way is to serve everything with
Plug.Static. In your endpoint.ex you probably have this:You can remove the only clause.
calebjosue
Thank you.
For newer versions of Phoenix the line of code to be commented is the following (Which seems obvious right? But well…):
Thanks a lot!
–
Caleb
arcanemachine
Someone was working on a Phoenix + static site tool a few months back:
https://github.com/jsonmaur/phoenix-pages
Mostalive
There is also Vox, talk here: https://youtu.be/F42B6AZ879Q?si=PIIpaBT7FkwK9qYq . fairly recent. static site generator in elixir.
calebjosue
@arcanemachine @Mostalive thank you for such recommendations, those resources seems great.
My website is online at https://calebjosue.gigalixirapp.com
Since this is a small project I really enjoy writing the HTML manually. If the thing becomes more complex I certainly will rely on code generation.
Thanks a lot again, and please do have a good night.
–
Caleb