sharkmyster
Hi,
I’m building a little web app in phoenix. I want the app to allow users to play a dice game together. I have written all the game logic and genserver implementation in a separate application called DiceGame. This is included as a dependency in the phoenix app. The dice game app has an external api like"
DiceGame.new_game()
DiceGame.make_move(game_id, dice_guess)
So I have a Phoenix.Pubsub service running in the Phoenix app. When one player makes a move, how can the DiceGame make a Pubsub.broadcast using the Phoenix app’s pubsub service?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
igsp7
By using the PubSub.PG2 adapter you can send messages across servers using distributed Elixir. You just need to connect the nodes. You can use the PG2 adapter by providing the adapter child spec option when you are starting the PubSub. For example if you start it with your application your start method in your application.ex file will look like this:
sharkmyster
Thank you for your response.
Could you please elaborate on some of the points?
What do you mean by “connect the nodes”?
Should the above code go in the phoenix app or the DiceGame app?
kokolegorille
DiceGame Is probably a library, not an application…
If You created it with --sup, You will have a supervision tree, if not it is just a library
In case You have a supervision tree, You can add Phoenix Pubsub, start a node and connect with the main application. Because the BEAM makes it easy to cluster nodes and work in a distributed mode
If You have a library, You could inject a notify function
sharkmyster
It’s an application, there is a supervision tree.
kokolegorille
I made a post about how to connect two nodes with Phoenix pubsub…
Hermanverschooten
I wrote about it last year, maybe it can help, Let's talk