Is there a plan for a Programming Phoenix for 1.5?

Looking at the 1.4 book contents it doesn’t mention LiveView until right at the end, under “What’s Next?” It seems like with LiveView now stable a 1.5 book would potentially be quite different, so I’m wondering if there’s one planned and if it has any kind of rough ETA? I think looking at the contents of the 1.4 book I’d be really keen to pick it up, but if a 1.5 is just around the corner with all the new goodies then I should probably wait :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

LiveView is more stable but it’s not officially out yet. Will probably be another year to have a book about it. I’d buy the book now and dig into LiveView’s documentation if I were you, when the book finally does talk about it, it won’t be anything super different from what is already there.

1 Like

While waiting for the next book release, You could start this free video course on Liveview :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I did actually do some of that course but I don’t feel like I have a good enough foundation in Phoenix to get the most out of it. That’s why the wider content of the book was appealing to me. Based on both comments I’ve had so far I think I’ll get the current book and then go through this course again after that. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Ah I didn’t realise that, thanks!