Is there anything like '100 Go Mistakes' in Elixir?

Go has many problems and some of these problems are listed at this site. I’m an Elixir enthusiast and I would like to know if there is anything like that for Elixir.

1 Like

The closest thing I can think of is this:

and a recent video

11 Likes

Note code smells have been added to the Elixir documentation with the name of anti-patterns: What are anti-patterns? — Elixir v1.16.0-dev - it will be officially present in our docs in the next release.

42 Likes

for your question look at the mentioned code smells…

just wanted to add using credo in your elixir project GitHub - rrrene/credo: A static code analysis tool for the Elixir language with a focus on code consistency and teaching. - which might surface some smells in your code base - of course the “correct” credo config is always subjective…

6 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Access syntax as an anti-pattern feedback

21 posts were split to a new topic: Anti-pattern doc feedback. If you would like to post feedback please do so in that thread or in a new thread in the Ecosystem Chat/Feedback section, thanks!

I recently learned about a book called 100 Go mistakes and I was wondering if there is something like it but for Elixir?

Also, what are the mistakes you usually see in the wild and or wish you know when you started your Elixir journey?

1 Like