Sandeep-Suthar9467

Sandeep-Suthar9467

**Elixir Version:** 1.13.4
**Erlang/OTP Version:** 24.3.4.4

**Phoenix Version (Before Upgrade):** 
  - {:phoenix, "~> 1.6.0"}
  - {:phoenix_html, "~> 3.0"}
  - {:phoenix_live_dashboard, "~> 0.5"}

  **Phoenix Version (After Upgrade):**
  - {:phoenix, "~> 1.6.16"}
  - {:phoenix_html, "~> 3.2"}
  - {:phoenix_live_dashboard, "~> 0.6"}

Steps to Reproduce:

Afrer upgrading to Phoenix dependencies in mix.exs:
elixir defp deps do [ {:phoenix, "~> 1.6.16"}, {:phoenix_html, "~> 3.2"}, {:phoenix_live_dashboard, "~> 0.6"}, # other dependencies ] end

I have actually ran the following commands in order to try and fix the error.

```bash
mix deps.clean --all
mix deps.get
```

& I have attempted to compile the project using the follow mix command, but I am receiving issues.
bash mix compile

Expected Behavior:
The project should compile successfully without errors.

Actual Behavior:
The following compilation error occurs:

== Compilation error in file lib/phoenix_view.ex ==
** (CompileError) lib/phoenix_view.ex:1: cannot define module Phoenix.View because it is currently being defined in lib/phoenix/view.ex:1
    (elixir 1.13.4) lib/kernel/parallel_compiler.ex:346: anonymous fn/5 in Kernel.ParallelCompiler.spawn_workers/7
could not compile dependency :phoenix_view, "mix compile" failed. Errors may have been logged above. You can recompile this dependency with "mix deps.compile phoenix_view", update it with "mix deps.update phoenix_view" or clean it with "mix deps.clean phoenix_view"

Reason for Upgrade:
I am upgrading the Phoenix version to address a security vulnerability in wildcard check_origin configurations.

I would appreciate any guidance or suggestions to resolve this issue. Thank you for your help!

Showing Posts 1 to 4

benwilson512

benwilson512

Author of Craft GraphQL APIs in Elixir with Absinthe

As a sanity check, have you tried doing rm -rf _build?

Sandeep-Suthar9467

Sandeep-Suthar9467 OP

Hey @benwilson512 Thanks for the suggestion,

I’ve tried running these steps locally, it seems to be running fine, but I have a gitlab.yml file configured where this issue is seen on every pipeline trigger specially after mix.compile step is run as configured in my gitlab.yml file.

rm _build & deps directories via gitlab yml command won’t help me right?

Let me know, If I am missing something, I’ll share the necessary component of the yml file as well, if required.

benwilson512

benwilson512

Author of Craft GraphQL APIs in Elixir with Absinthe

Usually things like gitlab.yml have a way of caching some of the build artifacts between runs, to help improve compilation time. In this case you want to make sure to clear out that cache or else you’ll have the same issue.

If you can show as much of that file as possible that’s probably a good idea.

Sandeep-Suthar9467

Sandeep-Suthar9467 OP

Thanks a lot @benwilson512
It is working fine after manually clearing the cache from gitlab.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
Alvinkariuki
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews