Issue while trying to add propercheck dep for property testing

I receive this error

== Compilation error in file path/campaign_test.exs ==
** (exit) exited in: GenServer.call(PropCheck.CounterStrike, {:counter_example, {MyModuleTest, :"property_my property tests", []}}, 5000)
    ** (EXIT) no process: the process is not alive or there's no process currently associated with the given name, possibly because its application isn't started
    (elixir 1.12.1) lib/gen_server.ex:1014: GenServer.call/3
    lib/properties.ex:151: PropCheck.Properties.tag_property/1
    path/campaign_test.exs:5: (module)
    (stdlib 3.12.1) erl_eval.erl:680: :erl_eval.do_apply/6
    (elixir 1.12.1) lib/kernel/parallel_compiler.ex:428: Kernel.ParallelCompiler.require_file/2
    (elixir 1.12.1) lib/kernel/parallel_compiler.ex:321: anonymous fn/4 in Kernel.ParallelCompiler.spawn_workers/7

and the code I am trying to test looks like this

defmodule MyModuleTest do
  use ExUnit.Case 
  use PropCheck

property "my property tests" do
    forall number <- integer() do 
      # any test
    end
  end
end

So it doesn’t work at all. Is not something related to the test itself. Any ideas?

1 Like

I have only used gen_stream and not propcheck so can’t really help immediately – but have you considered making a small GitHub project that demonstrates the issue and posting a link here? That way people would be more willing to try and help (myself included). Without that, none of us knows how exactly is your project setup, what did you do along the way etc.

1 Like

(My bad, I meant stream_data and can’t edit now – it’s NOT gen_stream)

1 Like

To have this gone I had to remove , runtime: false that had been without any suspicions copied into the line declaring the new dependency from propcheck.

{:propcheck, "~> 1.4", only: [:dev, :test, :io] },
 {:dialyxir, "~> 1.0", only: [:dev, :test, :io], runtime: false},
1 Like