bishen28

bishen28

Hello guys i am stuck at an issue please help me :pray: :pray: :pray:

for the biometric authentication in my app, from front-end i am getting public key, signature.

for generating key pair, front end using this library → [https://www.npmjs.com/package/react-native-biometrics?activeTab=readme]
and this algorithms → Algorithmic used by above library

example
like i am getting following public key and signature form front end
public_key : MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAsdBu6w2Var6TJHT8TQ1WdDpMu4VzSrDRP8DjY0WI9ddZvQSvjTdUQ9qm3fyZufZpmhPXfjkmg+f/cbJh+m+Zzhf093bcqVVnmEl+an/FTPMaOy2jfYNbxwZDuYCUxJzewGDa74vXCYB2sPgqZikf3UlhI0ZPO8tbdhleGoiQXOcXloAELQ+ebQ6MDBr+QDqNedPW+hLultTClH56v88Tp85PT6HWnPjVQUAWR7QeL+U8mFZOQALBruQvqfB3BwromhTkTB5XtCy1WCGBtzs21CTok4+pWp5QM/E3IUv1B8dtZDqjMIyGhUnM7pFmgL58UYV1unhyMH/cM+ffzlJWIQIDAQAB

Signature : it is encryption of text = "1675256878678"

DQ6vLV4cRAMcCkpT0MTMHPUc8IoMvcckhjY9Fyirq/zX1Ej851g+IojotyPMqSFKbRqrpE3F2OTI717fcAxFRMCFYlcuf1mYjniCJtGTkxTE6m6GNy+ApX5ssUSb3pZajXcLw/YnKvnbiYtsnL0mFgZ27krrp8ZxEf9iDFBJRZW7JVxjaeGqe5jIN64+NODgR+OvMvHPLpNjKIrZleXwQwbOpWE1q9EIhWmApc2bDdUFeaa5RtGOLI9WNkitkhW/Dsk5FNiZOW7oo85IE65cMJ09XTKHCUmYQnhwtdKibKK84koKXELvBat9/aWe+GBdQJQa6mNFfEPnvcmpXDu3tQ==

in the backend i am using elixir ExPublicKey
so the issue that, the public key i am getting from the front end is not getting load as
the public key object type, something like that

{:ok, public_key} = ExPublicKey.loads(public_key)
iex(64)> ExPublicKey.loads(public_key)
{:error, "invalid argument"}

the desired results should be like this

iex(67)> {:ok, public_key} = ExPublicKey.loads(public_key)
{:ok, #ExPublicKey.RSAPublicKey<
   fingerprint_sha256=                                                                                                   bc                                                                                                         
     31
     a4
     6b
     51
     67
     68
     b2
     63
     60
     66
     73
     39
     ad
     c8
     66
     1e
     07
     9d
     0c
     02
     e6
     31
     23
     16
     9d
     a3
     78
     4a
     04
     ef
     e8>}

{ok, "1675256878678"} = ExPublicKey.decrypt_public(params.signature, public_key, [])

Help me out here. or any alternative solution in elixir for the above encryption/decryption

Showing Posts 1 to 5

jerdew

jerdew

If the public_key is not formatted as a PEM you may need to use ExPublicKey.pem_encode first before you use ExPublicKey.loads

bishen28

bishen28 OP

iex(79)> public_key = 
...(79)> "MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAsdBu6w2Var6TJHT8TQ1WdDpMu4VzSrDRP8DjY0WI9ddZvQSvjTdUQ9qm3fyZufZpmhPXfjkmg+f/cbJh+m+Zzhf093bcqVVnmEl+an/FTPMaOy2jfYNbxwZDuYCUxJzewGDa74vXCYB2sPgqZikf3UlhI0ZPO8tbdhleGoiQXOcXloAELQ+ebQ6MDBr+QDqNedPW+hLultTClH56v88Tp85PT6HWnPjVQUAWR7QeL+U8mFZOQALBruQvqfB3BwromhTkTB5XtCy1WCGBtzs21CTok4+pWp5QM/E3IUv1B8dtZDqjMIyGhUnM7pFmgL58UYV1unhyMH/cM+ffzlJWIQIDAQAB"
"MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAsdBu6w2Var6TJHT8TQ1WdDpMu4VzSrDRP8DjY0WI9ddZvQSvjTdUQ9qm3fyZufZpmhPXfjkmg+f/cbJh+m+Zzhf093bcqVVnmEl+an/FTPMaOy2jfYNbxwZDuYCUxJzewGDa74vXCYB2sPgqZikf3UlhI0ZPO8tbdhleGoiQXOcXloAELQ+ebQ6MDBr+QDqNedPW+hLultTClH56v88Tp85PT6HWnPjVQUAWR7QeL+U8mFZOQALBruQvqfB3BwromhTkTB5XtCy1WCGBtzs21CTok4+pWp5QM/E3IUv1B8dtZDqjMIyGhUnM7pFmgL58UYV1unhyMH/cM+ffzlJWIQIDAQAB"


iex(80)> ExPublicKey.pem_encode(public_key)


** (FunctionClauseError) no function clause matching in ExPublicKey.pem_encode/1    
    
    The following arguments were given to ExPublicKey.pem_encode/1:
    
        # 1
        "MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAsdBu6w2Var6TJHT8TQ1WdDpMu4VzSrDRP8DjY0WI9ddZvQSvjTdUQ9qm3fyZufZpmhPXfjkmg+f/cbJh+m+Zzhf093bcqVVnmEl+an/FTPMaOy2jfYNbxwZDuYCUxJzewGDa74vXCYB2sPgqZikf3UlhI0ZPO8tbdhleGoiQXOcXloAELQ+ebQ6MDBr+QDqNedPW+hLultTClH56v88Tp85PT6HWnPjVQUAWR7QeL+U8mFZOQALBruQvqfB3BwromhTkTB5XtCy1WCGBtzs21CTok4+pWp5QM/E3IUv1B8dtZDqjMIyGhUnM7pFmgL58UYV1unhyMH/cM+ffzlJWIQIDAQAB"
    
    Attempted function clauses (showing 2 out of 2):
    
        def pem_encode(key = %ExPublicKey.RSAPrivateKey{})
        def pem_encode(key = %ExPublicKey.RSAPublicKey{})
    
    (ex_crypto 0.10.0) lib/ex_public_key.ex:316: ExPublicKey.pem_encode/1
jerdew

jerdew

That looks like a helpful error message at least, look at the ExPublicKey.RSAPublicKey module, perhaps decode_der?. Also, you’ll probably want to Base.decode64 the key you have, because these functions likely want it in a raw binary format.

Also might be a useful function here: public_key — OTP 29.0.2 (public_key 1.21.2)

Keep trying and search for examples that do work that you can get a hint from.

al2o3cr

al2o3cr

I was able to parse that string into an RSAPublicKey with:

iex(7)> {:ok, public_key} = pk_in |> Base.decode64!() |> ExPublicKey.RSAPublicKey.decode_der()
{:ok, #ExPublicKey.RSAPublicKey<
   fingerprint_sha256=
     39
     9f
     25
     36
     c0
     04
     e8
     10
     d7
     fa
     a8
     bb
     c2
     90
     49
     34
     c5
     c9
     32
     9c
     74
     b1
     1b
     62
     11
     d9
     29
     a3
     12
     2b
     98
     f4>}

which produces a plausible public key (the exponent is 65537) but with a different fingerprint…

It does validate the supplied signature, though:

pk_in = "MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAsdBu6w2Var6TJHT8TQ1WdDpMu4VzSrDRP8DjY0WI9ddZvQSvjTdUQ9qm3fyZufZpmhPXfjkmg+f/cbJh+m+Zzhf093bcqVVnmEl+an/FTPMaOy2jfYNbxwZDuYCUxJzewGDa74vXCYB2sPgqZikf3UlhI0ZPO8tbdhleGoiQXOcXloAELQ+ebQ6MDBr+QDqNedPW+hLultTClH56v88Tp85PT6HWnPjVQUAWR7QeL+U8mFZOQALBruQvqfB3BwromhTkTB5XtCy1WCGBtzs21CTok4+pWp5QM/E3IUv1B8dtZDqjMIyGhUnM7pFmgL58UYV1unhyMH/cM+ffzlJWIQIDAQAB"
text = "1675256878678"
signature = "DQ6vLV4cRAMcCkpT0MTMHPUc8IoMvcckhjY9Fyirq/zX1Ej851g+IojotyPMqSFKbRqrpE3F2OTI717fcAxFRMCFYlcuf1mYjniCJtGTkxTE6m6GNy+ApX5ssUSb3pZajXcLw/YnKvnbiYtsnL0mFgZ27krrp8ZxEf9iDFBJRZW7JVxjaeGqe5jIN64+NODgR+OvMvHPLpNjKIrZleXwQwbOpWE1q9EIhWmApc2bDdUFeaa5RtGOLI9WNkitkhW/Dsk5FNiZOW7oo85IE65cMJ09XTKHCUmYQnhwtdKibKK84koKXELvBat9/aWe+GBdQJQa6mNFfEPnvcmpXDu3tQ=="

{:ok, public_key} = pk_in |> Base.decode64!() |> ExPublicKey.RSAPublicKey.decode_der()

{:ok, valid?} = ExPublicKey.verify(text, Base64.decode64!(signature), public_key)
bishen28

bishen28 OP

ok working but one typo here, Thanks

Base.decode64!(signature)

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews