Issue with intro to Mix and OTP tutorial

So, I just finished going through all the “Getting Started” and “Mix and OTP” guides on the elixir website. When i build and run the final project, im only able to create new buckets, but i cannot add, or see whats in them. The error i keep coming across is here:

15:11:28.548 [error] Task #PID<0.633.0> started from #PID<0.635.0> terminating
** (stop) exited in: GenServer.call({KV.RouterTasks, :nonode@nohost}, {:start_task, [{:"foo@DESKTOP-EEIQJP1", #PID<0.635.0>, #PID<0.635.0>}, [#PID<0.635.0>, #PID<0.633.0>, #PID<0.631.0>], :monitor, {KV.Router, :route, ["shopping", KV.Registry, :lookup, [KV.Registry, "shopping"]]}], :temporary, nil}, :infinity)
    ** (EXIT) no connection to nonode@nohost
    (elixir 1.10.2) lib/gen_server.ex:1023: GenServer.call/3
    (elixir 1.10.2) lib/task/supervisor.ex:456: Task.Supervisor.async/6
    (kv 0.1.0) lib/kv/router.ex:21: KV.Router.route/4
    (kv_server 0.1.0) lib/kv_server/command.ex:74: KVServer.Command.lookup/2
    (kv_server 0.1.0) lib/kv_server.ex:29: KVServer.serve/1
    (elixir 1.10.2) lib/task/supervised.ex:90: Task.Supervised.invoke_mfa/2
    (stdlib 3.12) proc_lib.erl:249: :proc_lib.init_p_do_apply/3
Function: #Function<0.1374176/0 in KVServer.loop_acceptor/1>
    Args: []

Im not sure if this is related to my code since I cloned other completed versions and experienced the same error. I installed elixir using windows subsystem for linux. Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Did you start the console with a name, like indicated in the guide here? You should start your console instances with something like: iex --sname foo to follow that part of the project.

If all is fine, and the VM started with a name, the console prompt should show something like:

iex(foo@my-machine-name)1>
1 Like

I see now. I was thinking the VM’s would start dynamically. I’ll need to re-read that section. Thank you. Got it up and running now

1 Like