thiagomajesk
Hello everyone! ![]()
After including wx in :extra_applications I noticed the following error messages while running a release "Failed to load NIF library: '/app/lib/wx-2.4/priv/erl_gl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'".
I have an old app running in producing on elixir 1.13.1-otp-24 that I’m almost sure supports observer out of the box and it’s not breaking releases (I can’t quite check because I don’t have access to the source code anymore).
However, I know that the Docker image being used is based on alpine-elixir which is also based on alpine-erlang which is compiled with the --without-wx flag.
Did this behavior change at some point in time or am I getting crazy!?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 3 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
thiagomajesk
I’ve found another thread that is related to this, but does not quite explain the problem.
Update: For future reference, I’ve found this pull request that highlights some of the behavior changes and it looks like this might be related to the code path pruning feature introduced in Elixir 1.15.
From the changelog:
It seems we have some improvements in the works: Support Erlang/OTP 27 new features · Issue #12857 · elixir-lang/elixir · GitHub.
thiagomajesk
Hi @tj0 if you find the reference to this information, please let me know, it might help me track the issue.
tj0
I swear I read a change where wx wasn’t being started as default in runtime, I can’t find it in the changelogs right now though. I don’t think that is quite related to your error though.