alg
Hi gents,
I’m trying to upgrade our app from Elixir 1.3.3 to 1.6.5 and hit an issue with building for production. Mainly with compiling gettext:
→ MIX_ENV=prod mix deps.compile gettext
==> gettext
Compiling 20 files (.ex)
warning: redefining module Gettext.Backend (current version loaded from /Users/alg/p/picsafe-key-server/_build/prod/lib/gettext/ebin/Elixir.Gettext.Backend.beam)
lib/gettext/backend.ex:1
warning: redefining module Gettext.Compiler (current version loaded from /Users/alg/p/picsafe-key-server/_build/prod/lib/gettext/ebin/Elixir.Gettext.Compiler.beam)
lib/gettext/compiler.ex:1
warning: redefining module Gettext (current version loaded from /Users/alg/p/picsafe-key-server/_build/prod/lib/gettext/ebin/Elixir.Gettext.beam)
lib/gettext.ex:1
warning: redefining module Gettext.Extractor (current version loaded from /Users/alg/p/picsafe-key-server/_build/prod/lib/gettext/ebin/Elixir.Gettext.Extractor.beam)
lib/gettext/extractor.ex:1
warning: redefining module Gettext.Error (current version loaded from /Users/alg/p/picsafe-key-server/_build/prod/lib/gettext/ebin/Elixir.Gettext.Error.beam)
lib/gettext.ex:483
warning: redefining module Gettext.ExtractorAgent (current version loaded from /Users/alg/p/picsafe-key-server/_build/prod/lib/gettext/ebin/Elixir.Gettext.ExtractorAgent.beam)
lib/gettext/extractor_agent.ex:1
== Compilation error in file lib/gettext/extractor.ex ==
** (CompileError) lib/gettext/extractor.ex:120: Gettext.PO.__struct__/1 is undefined, cannot expand struct Gettext.PO
lib/gettext/extractor.ex:112: (module)
could not compile dependency :gettext, "mix compile" failed. You can recompile this dependency with "mix deps.compile gettext", update it with "mix deps.update gettext" or clean it with "mix deps.clean gettext"
Any ideas what might be wrong?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
Other Trending Topics
A new screencast on live LiveView updates with PubSub, the Oban Web dashboard, and smarter retries. Part 2 of 2. Screencast + full walkth...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
NobbZ
When you upgrade the elixir or erlang version, always make sure you build from a clean state.
Then build your application as you are used to it.
alg
Oh, I think this is what I missed:
I built and ran it in development and test environments just fine. But when I decided to test the production build, it started crashing on me with that error.
I will remember removing deps and build folder next time. Thanks!
Case closed.
josevalim
Btw, this was not supposed to be necessary. Maybe it was the large version bump (from v1.3 to v1.6) that triggered it. I will investigate.
alg
Yeah, I would think so. Never noticed anything like it before. It wasn’t a version bump per se. I spent a day in dev/test making the app work on new version (1.6.6) and then just ran
MIX_ENT=prod mix compileonly to see it wouldn’t compile. So it’s something else. Just in case it’s helpful…aabiro
What triggered this for me was that I did not have my
elixir_buildpack.configfile in the root of my project