KristerV

KristerV

I installed it for kicks, but it doesn’t even have syntax highlighting. And can’t find a way too add it either.

From this reddit topic I gather that there isn’t going to be much support for a long time.

I wonder if it really is a VS Code killer, if it’s not extendable at all.

Showing Posts 1 to 10

Sebb

Sebb

It can talk LSP at least

And has erlang syntax highlighting

In fact it supports lots of stuff out of the box, but not Elixir. :frowning:

cmo

cmo

You can get syntax highlighting with TextMate bundles. https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/fl?q=Elixir. However, it didn’t look great and the inability to have the LSP hooked up via a plugin (yet) makes it a little unattractive at this point.

olivermt

olivermt

They advertise the lsp aspects a lot now, but I can still not find any traces of fleet plus elixir through lsp.

cmo

cmo

They changed the Elixir LSP issue to Open a few weeks back. Some kind of progress :blush:

olivermt

olivermt

Could not find that anywhere, url?

Sebb

Sebb

I don’t quite understand. Wouldn’t it be enough if they provide a decent LSP-interface and then the community could build Elixir support? Isn’t that how it is in VSCode?

katafrakt

katafrakt

Then it’s hard to tell what advantage does it have over VSCode (which they seem to target as their main competitor). I also think it’s not in line with general JetBrains idea of providing commercially supported language support. On top of that, I’m not so sure the community will be so keen on working for free so that JetBrains can earn more on their paid product.

cmo

cmo

Someone already maintains a free Elixir plugin for the IDEs, so don’t be surprised if people make them for Fleet.

@Sebb last I saw they hadn’t finished the plugin architecture so you couldn’t write your own to tie into their LSP interface. They were getting it working on Rust first IIRC. I haven’t been paying attention lately though.

D4no0

D4no0

Is fleet different architecturally from how idea works? because there is a very good and well maintained plugin for elixir for intellij: GitHub - KronicDeth/intellij-elixir: Elixir plugin for JetBrain's IntelliJ Platform (including Rubymine) · GitHub

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
jtormey
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New
Null-logic-0
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development? Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
ausimian
Emily is an Elixir library that runs Nx computations on Apple’s MLX. Install it as the default Nx backend and Nx, defn, Axon, Nx.Serving,...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews