frumos

frumos

Hello!

Given

My input is, a gz batch file having records about usage of some product by customer in json structure (legacy format and not modifiable) like:

header1=value1
header2=value2
header3=value3
header4=value4
header5=value5

{"namespace":"aggregation","validators":["someValidator"],"symbol-table":{"timestamp":"0","customer":"1","product":"2","value":"3"},"records":[{"0":"1546339235","1":"Bob","2":"apple","3":"5"},{"0":"1546339739","1":"Bob","2":"orange","3":"2"},{"0":"1546339839","1":"Alice","2":"apple","3":"5"}, {"0":"1546339839","1":"Alice","2":"orange","3":"1"}, {"0":"1546339839","1":"Alice","2":"apple","3":"2"}],"record-count":"5"}

My streaming processing function to aggregated similar records (the same customer and same product) looks like:

"/home/user/temp/rawBatch/batch.gz" 
|> File.stream! 
|> StreamGzip.gunzip 
|> Stream.map(&(String.split(&1, "\n"))) 
|> Stream.flat_map(&(&1)) 
|> Stream.drop(6) 
# I also need to get symbol-table to be able compose aggregation key (used in reduce function) dynamically
|> Jaxon.Stream.query([:root, "records", :all]) 
# hardcoded key indexes
|> Stream.map(&(%{record_key: &1["1"] <> "," <> &1["2"], record_value: Decimal.new(&1["3"])})) 
|> Enum.reduce(%{}, fn %{record_key: key, record_value: value}, acc -> Map.update(acc, key, value, & Decimal.add(&1, value)) end) 
|> Enum.for_each(write_to_file)

and it works near perfect except line

Stream.map(&(%{record_key: &1[“1”] <> “,” <> &1[“2”], record_value: Decimal.new(&1[“3”])}))

where I compose an aggregation key with hard coded indexes.

The indexes are encoded however in json’s “symbol-table” element and can vary from batch to batch.

Problem

I need to compose aggregation key with indexes obtained from symbol-table element dynamically in the stream preferably with one file processing ‘loop’

There may be such an option in Jaxon library but its documentation does not give me any clear hint on the solution.

Could you suggest please viable options to solve my task?

Thank you.

Showing Posts 1 to 4

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Are you expecting huge files to be fed to your code?

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

@boudra Can Jaxon execute two separate queries on the same stream without rewinding it from the start?

frumos

frumos OP

thank you for your review.

Are you expecting huge files to be fed to your code?

the batch file size compressed is up to 30Mb, average one is 5Mb. The amount of records in one batch can be up to 100K(it is big one and rare), average is 2-10K

This is my very first step. Then I need to scale this app to ~20K batches tps.

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Looked through Jaxon’s docs and part of the code but I cannot find anything that allows you to do two separate queries on one stream. Maybe the library’s author whom I mentioned above can help.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews