threeaccents
Whenever I’m writing an API I always like to create an embedded schema at the “web” level to validate and add types to my request/responses. Manually creating an embedded schema for a large JSON payload is pretty annoying. So I hacked together this little LiveView App to automate that process for us.
Here is a screenshot of the app:
There’s still some other little things I want to add and edge cases that need to be taken care of. But I think its ready enough to be played with.
Let me know what you think!
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
tommica
Oh this is a really, really neat tool! These kind of code generation tools are just really nice to use, so this is probably going to be popular - maybe you could add to it the ability to generate structs from the JSON!
kwando
Would love for this to be a CLI tool instead
threeaccents
Yea my initial idea was to create structs. But since you can’t type the items in a list with
defstructI decided for a first pass I would just do anembedded_schema. I wanna give the option as all if to nest the embeds or if to generate new modules for them.I think for generating the structs when encountering a list I might just set the value to an empty list but still generate the struct for the list items.
threeaccents
Yea or maybe a mix task?
kwando
Yeah, what I imagined when I said a CLI tool
yangm97
I think I crashed your app
D4no0
Mate you can’t crash the elixir app.
, it works
yangm97
What I mean by that is I have a json payload that causes the app to reload itself, not a permanent denial of service.
threeaccents
Awesome! Send me the JSON so I can get it fixed on my end =]
D4no0
Your project can be actually DDOSed as you are using
string_to_atom(or I think so?), witch is a dangerous function and can overflow the number of atoms in the system. To crash you can simply do: