Interline Vacations is a specialty travel agency that services the travel industry itself. We started as a single office in Austin, TX and have grown into a multi-national company with three brands.
Interline has been using Erlang/Elixir in production for over a decade, so we have a deep commitment to the language and the philosophy of functional programming. We are looking for a junior backend developer to help us build and maintain the next generation of applications that support Interline’s business. For the backend services, this is mostly comprised of Elixir API server/clients with some Python thrown in as well.
Our headquarters is in Austin, TX and we have offices in British Columbia, Canada and London, UK. We are able to hire in the US and Canada.
My name: Cleo Cooke
My position: VP of Technology
Company name: Interline Vacations
About the Job:
Job title: Backend Developer
Interline Vacations is looking for a software developer who is beginning their journey as an Elixir developer. This developer will work with our senior developers to build and maintain the Elixir applications that power Interline’s business.
Salary range: 80-110K depending on location (currency) and experience
Position on remote work: We are 100% remote
Qualifications or experience required:
- A solid understanding of designing RESTful API servers/clients
- A working knowledge of Elixir applications and the Phoenix Framework
- A working knowledge of major Elixir packages/libraries (ex. Jason, Cowboy, Ecto)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with source control systems and workflow (ex. GitHub or GitLab)ha
What the successful job applicant will be working on/with:
- build and maintain API services with Elixir/Phoenix
- build and maintain web applications with LiveView
- expand the testing coverage of existing Elixir/Phoenix applications
About the Interview Process:
- An introductory phone call to talk about the role and get to know you as a person.
- For the second step, we’ll do a team coding exercise with our lead developer covering some simple API concepts.
How to Apply:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Interline Elixir Developer”. Attach your resume and tell us the best way to get in touch (time zone, etc.).