Junior/Mid Elixir Engineer - Frontline Wildfire Defense, Remote USA

Introductory paragraph

Our mission is to protect homes, families and communities from wildfire disasters.
Frontline enables customers to track wildfires, receive important alerts, and safely navigate a wildfire, while protecting a customer’s home with the remotely operated Frontline Wildfire Defense System. With multiple levels of redundancy, our home defense system hydrates the materials of a home and its surrounding area to prevent ignition from flying embers - the #1 cause of structure loss during wildfire.
We have a unique opportunity to sell our exterior sprinkler systems to customers in all areas affected by wildfire.

We are a small team in the early stages of growth, and yet we have already achieved significant milestones in protecting homes and earning revenue through successfully installing systems throughout Northern and Southern California. We have an experienced team of engineers, product designers, and investors and we are growing rapidly.

About us

My name: Christopher Coté

My position: Head of Software

Company name: Frontline Wildfire Defense

About the job

We are looking for a full-time junior to mid level engineer with experience in Elixir to work directly with the Head of Software. You will be joining a small team to build a robust and efficient real-time IoT and mobile application platform. Elixir is our primary language for all back end development as well as potential future firmware development using the Nerves platform.

There is a lot of opportunity for growth and learning with this role. We try to utilize best practices at each step of development. In addition to developing the software, this role also works with deployments and the underlying infrastructure. Our deployments are extremely boring, it’s great. We utilize the AWS managed Kubernetes service to manage infrastructure and PostgreSQL as our primary database. Infrastructure as code, config as code and gitops help make our software delivery as painless as possible while increasing developer velocity.

Salary range: $80 - 120k

Position on remote work: 100% Remote

Qualifications or experience required: 1+ year

Responsibilities

• Design, create, and update functionality for the tools, systems and software that support our products and services.
  • Deploy and manage the backend infrastructure.
  • Work with internal stakeholders to ensure their needs are met.
  • Consult on database development and data management.
  • Identify opportunities to improve the user experience for the platforms, increase efficiency, and informational flow.

Experience / Qualifications

• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
  • Strong attention to detail
  • Understanding of the SDLC (software development life cycle)
  • Passionate about their work and their team
  • 1+ years professional experience in software development using backend programming languages (e.g. Elixir, NodeJS, Ruby, Python, PHP, etc.)
  • Experience with Elixir
  • Experience working in a startup a plus

About the interview process

• Email ccote@frontlinewildfire.com with all CV/Resumes
  • If I see a good fit, I will reach out within 24 hours to schedule a call, video or voice is fine
  • A bit of code review, talking through some of your, or our code
  • Call with Head of Product
  • Call with the CEO
  • Offer

Life At Frontline

• Join a passionate & driven team, with a mission and a sense of humor
  • Flexible work environment; remote first, USA preferred
  • Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
  • Flexible time off policy
  • Diversity and inclusion are essential values at Frontline. We know we’ll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we’re represented and we belong. We encourage talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.

Job Type Full-time

13 Likes

Hi @entone, still available the job?

Giving this a little boost, we’re still hiring. Still focusing on US based candidates for now.

1 Like

I am interested if you are still hiring, will reach per your post

Hi all, thank you to everyone that applied, this position has been filled.

2 Likes

@entone Seeking unpaid Elixir internship. I can commit to 10 - 15 hours a week or more if necessary. I run my own marketing consultancy for SaaS startups and am getting it done in 20 hours a week so I can make whatever commitment would be needed to make it worth the investment. Let me know if you think that could work. Thanks!

1 Like