I would like to introduce myself as Justin, an experienced software developer with a focus on Elixir in production. I have been working professionally with Elixir for approximately 7 years, and my overall experience in the field amounts to around 12 years.
I am currently based in Ontario, Canada and I am open to remote work opportunities.
Here are the programming languages I am proficient in:
- Elixir: I have 7 years of hands-on experience working with Elixir in production environments, along with additional time spent learning the language and working on personal projects.
- Ruby: I have approximately 4 years of experience with Ruby, although it has been a while since I last utilized it in a professional setting.
- Java/Kotlin and Objective-C/Swift: I possess approximately 5 years of experience working with both Java/Kotlin and Objective-C/Swift.
- Rust: I have dedicated approximately 2 years to working with Rust.
- Go: I have been acquainted with Go for around 2 years.
- Additionally, I have explored languages such as Haskell, Ocaml, Lisp, Scheme, and others on a more experimental basis.
Areas of expertise that I specialize in include:
- Performance: I possess a keen ability to identify and rectify performance issues, whether they are related to code optimization or improving SQL queries (I gave an introductory talk on query performance debugging at ElixirConf last year).
- Scalability: I have hands-on experience in developing platforms capable of handling billions of transactions on a monthly basis, thereby demonstrating my proficiency in building scalable systems.
- Best practices: Having accumulated over a decade of experience in the field, I possess an in-depth understanding of industry best practices and am adept at implementing them effectively.
For more information about me, please visit my website at: https://ankhers.dev.
You can also find my projects on Sourcehut: git.sr.ht and GitHub: ankhers (Justin Wood) · GitHub.
Please feel free to reach out.