Sakthibalan
I am creating a custom read action to get students by :roll_number and :password.
defmodule MyApp.Students.Student do
use Ash.Resource,
domain: MyApp.Students,
data_layer: AshPostgres.DataLayer,
extensions: [
AshJsonApi.Resource
]
json_api do
type "student"
routes do
base("/students")
get(:read, route: ":id")
index :read
get(:get_by_roll, route: "by_roll")
end
end
actions do
read :read do
primary? true
end
read :get_by_roll do
argument :roll_number, :string, allow_nil?: false
argument :password, :string, allow_nil?: false
filter expr(roll_number == ^arg(:roll_number) && password == ^arg(:password))
end
end
postgres do
table "students"
repo MyApp.Repo
end
attributes do
attribute :id, :uuid do
writable? false
primary_key? true
default &Ecto.UUID.generate/0
allow_nil? false
public? true
end
attribute :first_name, :string do
allow_nil? false
public? true
end
attribute :last_name, :string do
allow_nil? false
public? true
end
attribute :class, :string, public?: true
attribute :section, :string, public?: true
attribute :dob, :date, public?: true
attribute :father_name, :string, public?: true
attribute :mother_name, :string, public?: true
attribute :roll_number, :string, public?: true
attribute :password, :string, public?: true
create_timestamp :inserted_at
update_timestamp :updated_at
end
end
API Endpoint call
localhost:4000/api/students/by_roll?roll_number=100&password=sakthibalan@100
Getting Error:
Exception:
** (KeyError) key :id not found in: %Ash.Error.Unknown{
errors: [
%Ash.Error.Unknown.UnknownError{
error: "** (Postgrex.Error) ERROR 42883 (undefined_function) function ash_elixir_and(boolean, boolean) does not exist\n\n query: SELECT s0.\"id\", s0.\"first_name\", s0.\"last_name\", s0.\"class\", s0.\"section\", s0.\"dob\", s0.\"father_name\", s0.\"mother_name\", s0.\"roll_number\", s0.\"password\", s0.\"inserted_at\", s0.\"updated_at\" FROM \"students\" AS s0 WHERE ((ash_elixir_and(s0.\"roll_number\"::text = $1::text, s0.\"password\"::text = $2::text)))\n\n hint: No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts.",
field: nil,
splode: Ash.Error,
bread_crumbs: [],
vars: [],
path: [],
stacktrace: #Splode.Stacktrace<>,
class: :unknown
}
]
}
(ash_json_api 1.0.0) lib/ash_json_api/serializer.ex:111: AshJsonApi.Serializer.serialize_one_error/2
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Latest Phoenix Threads
Latest Ash Threads
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
zachdaniel
The fact that we aren’t handling the error there is bad, please open an issue on ash_json_api. To resolve it, add
”ash-functions”to your installed extensions in your repo, and generate migrations.EDIT: or use
andinstead of&&Sakthibalan
Yes, I already included “ash-functions”.
It’s working good after did this changes EDIT: or use
andinstead of&&Thank you!