zorbash

zorbash

I created Kitto a framework for dashboards inspired by Dashing.

demo

The distributed characteristics of Elixir and the low memory footprint (compared to Ruby/Rails) make it ideal for a dashboard server. It feels familiar to users of Dashing and provides a DSL to define jobs.

# File jobs/random.ex
use Kitto.Job.DSL

job :random, every: :second do
  broadcast! :random, %{value: :rand.uniform * 100 |> Float.round}
end

The front end uses React/Webpack (which are really widespread) so it should be easy to dive in and code widgets without having to learn yet another framework.

Currently i’m expanding the wiki and general documentation so to make it as straightforward as possible to use.

You’re welcome to try it, make suggestions and if you evaluate it positively, help me get it in awesome elixir.

Showing Posts 1 to 10

shifters

shifters

That looks really interesting … think i will find time to play with it some time this week!

Cheers

Shifters

RobinSJ

RobinSJ

This looks really awesome, great job!

zorbash

zorbash OP

Thanks! If you think it’s awesome, vote it be part of awesome-elixir so that more people may see it and use it.

PatNowak

PatNowak

Great news! I used a lot of Dashings in Ruby and now it’s final time to use the new one :slight_smile:

themarlzy

themarlzy

Finally bringing my love of analytics, visualisation and elixir. Great job!!

shifters

shifters

Hi,

can you indicate which OS platform you are using for your demo’s. including Erlang/Elixir/Phoenix/Nodejs versions. I have tried building on ubuntu 16.04 (and windows 7) and run into issues just compiling. (don’t know much about nodejs but ok with elixir/erlang etc).

cheers

Shifters

PS how about a complete mix project with all dependecies etc for the test system?

zorbash

zorbash OP

Thanks a lot for giving it a try.

node/npm versions can be found in the “engines” section of demo/package.json at heroku · kittoframework/demo · GitHub (planning to have a heroku deployment guide).

I develop it using debian/testing and elixir v1.3 (can’t be sure about the exact erlang/otp version right now, I’m afk). You can also inspect the platform specs in the provided Dockerfile.

Please let me know if the above info helped.

shifters

shifters

Hi Zorbash,

thanks that did help - repo versions in Ubuntu 16.04 of nodejs and npm were old - i have updated to the latest direct from the web sites and everything compiles and runs fine - how time to play!

cheers for the direction!

Shifters

zorbash

zorbash OP

I’m glad everything worked out for you. I’ll add the supported elixir/erlang/node/npm versions to the readme, maybe even some matrix builds in travis. Let me know if you need further guidance.

zorbash

zorbash OP

I you wish to get started with Kitto, you should probably read this blogpost: https://davejlong.com/2016/11/17/writing-jobs-for-kitto/

Where Next? Top

Trending in Announcing Top

restlessronin
The repo is at GitHub - cyberchitta/openai_ex: Community maintained Elixir library for OpenAI API · GitHub. Docs are at OpenaiEx User Gu...
152 12366 136
New
type1fool
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents See this post about renaming the package. Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
woylie
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components. https://github.com/woylie/doggo Features Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
kip
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library. Current functionality In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
Null-logic-0
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development? Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
type1fool
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews