mudasobwa

mudasobwa

Creator of Cure

The stream-based implementation of Kernel.SpecialForms.for/1. Allows the same syntax as for and acts the same way. This is an initial release. It does not yet support :into , :uniq, and :reduce options and bitstring comprehensions.

Everything else is supported.

Examples:

iex> import LazyFor

iex> # A list generator:
iex> result = stream n <- [1, 2, 3, 4], do: n * 2
iex> Enum.to_list(result)
[2, 4, 6, 8]

iex> # A comprehension with two generators
iex> result = stream x <- [1, 2], y <- [2, 3], do: x * y
iex> Enum.to_list(result)
[2, 3, 4, 6]

iex> # A comprehension with a generator and a filter
iex> result = stream n <- [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6], rem(n, 2) == 0, do: n
iex> Enum.to_list(result)
[2, 4, 6]

iex> users = [user: "john", admin: "meg", guest: "barbara"]
iex> result = stream {type, name} when type != :guest <- users do
...>   String.upcase(name)
...> end
iex> Enum.to_list(result)
["JOHN", "MEG"]

Showing Posts 1 to 2

mudasobwa

mudasobwa OP

Creator of Cure

Slightly moving forward. Simple binary comprehension and options (all but :reduce) do work.

iex|1 ▶ Enum.to_list(stream <<x <- "abcabca">>, do: x)
'abcabca'
iex|2 ▶ Enum.to_list(stream <<x <- "abcabca">>, uniq: true, do: x)
'abc'
iex|3 ▶ stream <<x <- "abcabca">>, take: 2, do: x                 
'ab'

Also :into works as a side effect (as described here)

I am not sure I am into implementing full bitstring support, but :reduce will come soon.

mudasobwa

mudasobwa OP

Creator of Cure

Well, the latest hot discussion about semi-mutable not actually mutable syntactic sugar reminded me of my tech debt and I implemented reduce:.

  test "binary for comprehensions with reduce, generators and filters" do
    bin = "abc"

    acc =
      stream <<x <- bin>>, Integer.is_odd(x), <<y <- "hello">>, reduce: %{} do
        inner_acc -> Map.update(inner_acc, x, [y], &[y | &1])
      end

    assert acc == %{97 => ~c"olleh", 99 => ~c"olleh"}
  end

Under the hood, the slightly modified inner clause is applied to terminate the stream. Enjoy.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Announcing Top

type1fool
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents See this post about renaming the package. Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
woylie
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components. https://github.com/woylie/doggo Features Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
ahamez
Hi everyone, I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
kip
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library. Current functionality In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
webofbits
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself. My main conc...
#ai
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
bartblast
Hey folks, I just published a post about Hologram’s funding and where the project goes next - the short version: Curiosum as Main Spons...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews