We are a remote-first, Internet of Things Product studio. We Hustle to create habit forming products and delightful customer experiences by solving challenging engineering problems. We are a small team of engineers who moves fast, builds successful products, and have fun while doing it.
We are excited to bring onboard a Lead Elixir Engineer to help scale one of our IoT projects. It’s a product that has already been launched and is experiencing hyper-growth . This is an opportunity to leave your fingerprints on something that millions will use and get recognized for it. You will be working directly with heads of different hardware, mechanical and chemical engineering teams while mentoring others. We are looking for experienced senior engineers who are hands-on, with a deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and web application development.
My name: Roy Shah
My position: CEO
Company name: Aethon Labs
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc):
Our entire backend uses Elixir. We have built a data platform to process millions of messages in a day coming in from different IoT devices. Our team spread across the US. We also work with technical partners in Europe and China.
About the job
Job title: Lead/Senior Elixir Developer
Job description: Build, Develop, and maintain a scalable IoT platform and recommendation engine.
30-70 USD/hr or full time
Position on remote work: 100 % Remote work
Qualifications or experience required:
- Expert-level experience in Elixir
- 3+ years of Elixir experience.
- 6+ years of Software development experience.
- Can mentor and guide junior engineers, providing them support to start and complete their tasks
- Expert-level with RDBMS and can effectively use an ORM with appropriate patterns
- Regularly implement complex frameworks and understand the purpose of them
- Experience with Test-driven development.
- Expertise in Phoenix, GraphQL, Ecto, MySQL, and Redis.
- Experience with AWS deployments, Docker.
- Experience with Python and MQTT.
What a successful job applicant will be working on:
- Architecting and building a highly scalable IoT platform and recommendation engine.
- Own system uptimes and system performance characteristics.
- Have in-depth system knowledge, architectural design, and solution design.
- Provide technical support and mentoring to development team members.
- Be an active participant in strategic planning discussions with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Take many abstract ideas and codify them into a viable solution that meets business needs.
- Have the ability to take high-level system initiatives and break them down into workable user stories for the team to work on.
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle in support of team objectives.
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities.
- Act as a fully integrated team member by participating in the daily scrums, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Regularly write clean code and help guide other team members to do the same
- The ability to recognize code smells and refactor mercilessly when you see them
- Understand the architecture of systems that span multiple business domains and drive the design of the context you work in to improve that ecosystem
- Belief in continuous delivery principles and strive to keep our product shippable at all times
- Passion for Agile principles and participate actively in important rituals such as grooming and planning sessions and being comfortable estimating and willing to call out blockers early.
About the interview process
Round 1 - Screening round - Getting to know about the candidate.
Round 2/3 - 2 Technical rounds with the team.
Round 4 - Final Round - Culture fit.
Please use this link to apply: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdCscaim_dyaopqlqiMIhjiP_gfj65qMjYYs_9KDJ5IW7Fggw/viewform