Lead Software Engineer - Backend @ Serve Robotics, Remote (USA)

Introductory paragraph

ServeRobotics is looking for a Lead Backend Elixir Engineer to develop the backend services we use to manage partner delivery requests and the fleet of robotic sidewalk robots that then perform those deliveries.

About us

My name: Brian Adams, https://www.linkedin.com/in/badevguru/
My position: Managing Lead Software Engineer
Company name: Serve Robotics
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc):

Serve Robotics has been delivering goods using autonomous robots for over a year now. Originally the R&D arm of Postmates, we spun out as an independent commercial entity early in 2021. We design and build our own rovers, both hardware and software, as well as the systems for managing a delivery as a service company.

The backend system we are using for interfacing with partners and managing a fleet of autonomous sidewalk robots have all been built using Elixir. The rest of our software stack tends to be C++, Python, Vue.js/React.

About the job

Job title: Lead Software Engineer - Platform
Job description: Serve Robotics - Senior Software Engineer, Delivery Platform
Salary range: Competitive base salary with stock incentives
Position on remote work: Open to work from anywhere in the United States and operate on a Pacific Coast time zone. We do have a concentration of employees in the San Francisco Bay Area and Vancouver Canada.

Qualifications or experience required:

• Computer Science or Engineering/Science focused degree
  • A year working with a Production Elixir or Erlang based system
  • Permitted to work in the United States

What the successful job applicant will be working on:

• Scaling and hardening of existing Elixir based backends
  • Mentoring and supporting a small team of like minded engineers
  • Developing technical roadmaps for existing systems
  • Ground up design and development of new and novel systems as we grow

About the interview process

• 15 minute Video call with me as the hiring manager
  • 3-4 hours of video interviews with engineers that include programming and joint design exercises.

Further info

Please apply at this link: Serve Robotics - Senior Software Engineer, Delivery Platform. Include in the application that you saw the job at Elixir Forum!

2 Likes