Lead Software Engineer - Elixir/Phoenix - Chicago Startup

Gearflow is an early stage startup seeking a Lead Software Engineer that will help us build and extend our marketplace platform. You will collaborate with our Founding team and Advisory CTO to brainstorm and prioritize features, then implement and ship them on our marketplace platform. You will contribute to our entire technology infrastructure following set standards and successfully completing stories and have the ability to provide production level support for any part of the codebase.

Introductory paragraph

Think about any big purchase. A home, a car, tickets to an event, room at a hotel.

We have so much information at our fingertips to make that decision - reviews, prices, pictures, accident reports, etc. In construction equipment, whether buying or renting, this information does not exist online.

We founded Gearflow to bring the highly fragmented, old-school industry that is construction equipment rental into the digital economy. In doing so, we are helping end-users of equipment make the best financial decision about their next equipment purchase or rental while supporting the growth of the thousands of suppliers that operate in the space.

About us

My name: Mike Hostetler
My position: Advisory CTO
Company name: Gearflow
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc): Current PHP stack is being completely re-written in Elixir/Phoenix, started Nov 2019. Go-Live planned March 2020.

About the job

Job title: Lead Software Engineer
Job description: See Description
Salary range: $120k-$150k
Position on remote work: Company is remote-first, but applicant needs to be local to Chicago for effective collaboration with Founding team.
Qualifications or experience required: Full Stack experience working in an early startup. No Elixir experience required.
What the successful job applicant will be working on: Ownership of full stack

About the interview process

You will interview with the Founding team and Advisory CTO. We will ask for examples of prior experience and get you an answer quickly.

Further info

See http://j.mp/gf_leaddev for the full Job Description.

3 Likes

Will there be any mid-level Backend Developer roles available in the near future? I’m in the Chicago area(NW suburbs), and I’m looking for new opportunities at the moment.

Company is remote-first, but applicant needs to be local to Chicago for effective collaboration with Founding team.

I don’t think this means what you think it means :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

8 Likes