david_ex

david_ex

I’m in the process of writing a tutorial/guide/blog series implementing a poolboy clone using Elixir 1.6’s DynamicSupervisor (and Registry, although that part hasn’t been written yet).

I didn’t really find any resources on this subject using these tools, so I figured I’d write one in the hopes the Elixir community will find it useful. It’s aimed towards newer members of the Elixir community, but that are already reasonably familiar with the language and concepts (gen servers, etc.).

The table of contents for the series can be found at http://davidsulc.com/blog/2018/07/09/pooltoy-a-toy-process-pool-manager-in-elixir-1-6/ and the accompanying code is at GitHub - davidsulc/pool_toy: A toy worker pool implementation aiming to teach about process supervision trees · GitHub. Bear in mind the state of the code matches the state of the blog series: it’s a work in progress and isn’t finished (e.g. certain issues in the code will be explained and fixed in upcoming posts).

Whether you’re a beginner or a more advanced practicioner, your feedback is more than welcome.

Where Next? Top

Trending in Guides/Tuts Top

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews