Learnphoenix.io

Do you just want us to send private messages to you for feedback?

Also just to add, I do agree $29 is steep. Book purchases are a one time transaction, and I can go back and reference the book at any time.

I don’t have a lot of hours in the day to spend learning Elixir/Phoenix. So at the pace I would be going through the videos, I don’t think the value adds up for me. I may only have time for 2 videos per month. Just another thing to consider.

1 Like

Yes, a private message on the forum would be fine. You can also reach me on Elixir Slack at samcorcos, or by email at sam@learnphoenix.io

Awesome, I’ll try to check it out to give some feedback :slight_smile:

I really really really want to like this but the price is just out of control. I really like that you go in depth for the JS side of things, which is definitely lacking in every other online resource but $30 a month is just insane. I could pay Spotify + Netflix + a Gym membership and still have a couple of bucks left.

If this would be a 1-time pay like all the other ones, this would be a no-brainer, but will have to pass at this price.

3 Likes

To me this course is very much worth it. For me (and I bet for many people) this is not just learning a new language, but also an insight in how things are done at the leading edge. It’s not only the depth, but also the coverage of subjects.
Also when there are multiple ways of implementing things, he teaches the most professional one, not a simplified version because that would be easier to explain or grasp.

So: recommended.

1 Like

I bought the course. It is a wonderful course. I have an issue with the beginning unit test not working for me ? I have followed the course to a T. Could anyone help me out? Thank you.

Sure thing, I just got a note yesterday from someone with the same issue. I think the nyc api has changed very recently. It might be this issue here:

The guy who emailed me added the following as well:

I have added this part to package.json file:

"nyc": {
   "include": [
     "app/**/*.js"
   ],
   "exclude": [
     "**/*spec.js",
     "packages/**/*"
   ],
   "sourceMap": true,
   "instrument": true,
   "require": [
     "babel-register"
   ],
   "all": false
 }

And script is only this:

"scripts": {
    "start": "node server.js",
    "test": "mocha --require babel-register --require .test-setup.js -R spec app/**/spec.js",
    "cover": "nyc npm test"
  },

I think that might solve it. I am almost done with a couple other lessons I’ve been working on for the last several days, then I will come back to fix the testing issue. Such is life on the bleeding edge!

(Thank you Mike for the solution!)

It is an awesome course. The course cost is little compared to what you are getting … a bunch of awesome technologies put together in an extremely well written way. Bravo Mr C.

is the course dated by now? i also went thru the lessons index, only see react native once at no. 73?

You you still recommend the page, or is the information outdated (or are there better sources for react/elixir)