abitdodgy
Hi everyone,
Are there libraries available to render a calendar in a Phoenix template? I’m looking for something that I can pass a number of models to and have it render a calendar template with those models based on some start_date and end_date attributes. Something like day view, week view, and month view would be nice.
I looked around, but I only found calendar and date/time related libraries. So, before I reinvent the wheel, does anyone know of something available? Of course, I can do this with a frontend lib, but I’m not sure it’s worth the hasel.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
OvermindDL1
I’ve ended up writing my own helpers, start/end dates as drop-downs, importing javascript versions, etc… (using webcomponents now), but no real pre-built one yet that I’ve seen, that mostly seems to be based on what web front-end you use, which phoenix uses bootstrap by default, which does not have a date handler like that.
Qqwy
This is very much a front-end problem.
What makes the problem of showing input fields for dates and times difficult is that there exist so many different standards for entering this information. For instance, in the EU we commonly write
dd/mm/yyyy, while in america,mm/dd/yyyyis used. The international ISO8601 standard isyyyy-mm-ddwhich 'should resolve this. But of course, when introducing new standards…HTML5 introduces new Date and Time input fields that make selecting dates and times more natural; for instance, on a phone it will pop up a native date/time select.(unfortunately not supported by all browser yet). There exist many JavaScript libraries that provide ‘date pickers’ or ‘period pickers’ in varying degrees of functionality and maturity.
You are definitely not the only developer looking for something like this. But as this is a very application-specific problem, and in any case is not something that is part of Phoenix’ back-end, there indeed do not exist any Hex.pm packages providing such features.
abitdodgy
@OvermindDL1 @Qqwy I think I might not have explained myself well. I’m not looking for a date picker. I’m looking to render a calendar on the page and display events on it (as per the example link I gave). The two are similar, but not exactly the same. Although, I do agree with you: This is definitely a frontend issue. But I don’t see a problem with writing a helper that can render a calendar server side, with events, and send it back to the browser as an HTML… just like any other template?
In Rails we had several solutions. I assumed someone might have had the need and wrote something to avoid using frontend/js frameworks. But it’s unlikely given how young our ecosystem is. Thanks for chipping in, and for the helpful explanations–I appreciate them.
demem123
Hi there! I’m looking for the exact same thing – calendar template. Just wanted to ask how you did it or if you were able to find a library.
Thanks!
OvermindDL1
Eh, I’m just rendering it into a table as of recent, pretty basic but it works… ^.^;