nishanthg92
I am basically from symfony background, i am new to elixir. In symfony there is ApiDocBundle which allows me to generate a decent documentation for my APIs. Likewise is there any method in Phoenix Elixir ??
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
LostKobrakai
https://github.com/elixir-lang/ex_doc
NobbZ
I’m not sure if that is what @nishanthg92 wants.
The example he mentions does generate documentation about a serverside API. So I think this is much more related to phoenix than elixir. If @nishanthg92 does confirm, I’ll move the post to the phoenix section.
nishanthg92
Yes please..
bobbypriambodo
apiDoc supports Elixir comment syntax:
But you need Node.js to generate it:
NobbZ
Thank you! This comes in handy for a go-project of mine which I have to implement for the university. Cool that there is something available which is pretty agnostic to the host language!
jswny
@bobbypriambodo Just wanted to say thank you for the link to apiDoc. I was just looking for something like this the other day as a REST API is usually not suited well for standard ExDoc documentation because it’s something you access from an external source, not Elixir itself. apiDoc looks like exactly what I need, inline documentation is really easy to read and keep maintained.
aseigo
Would be pretty awesome to see an extension of
mix phx.routesthat produces such documentation; phoenix can introspect to your routes, so having a way to markup the routing so it could produce this as well, preventing the need to discover other tooling, would be quite nifty.The reason this could be worth the effort, besides the nice “batteries included” benefit, is that it could be extended to also include information about e.g. channels.
That said, the last time I did a big node project we used apidoc and it is indeed super nifty, particularly the “try it live” forms it generates.
mbuhot
I use phoenix_swagger to generate an API spec from the code, then use bureaucrat to merge example API request/responses with the swagger into markdown files. Compile the markdown to HTML with a static site generator and copy to the
priv/staticdir of the Phoenix app.Now the app serves its own docs that are always up to date and have tested examples. There’s a swagger-ui for interactive requests.
OvermindDL1
Also if your API is GraphQL based, Absinthe in Elixir generates standard GraphQL documentation via your documentation given to it.
NAR
How does Absinthe generate this documentation? What is the command to generate the docs?