MatinDevs

MatinDevs

I’m currently experimenting with Phoenix LiveView, and that looks really promising. As a person who has worked with .NET Blazor for a long time, LiveView isn’t something comparable to Next.js, yet. But it’s some truth about it that made me really fall in love with this framework: Simplicity.

Nevertheless, There’s one feature that is really simple to set up in some front-end web frameworks, like Next and Remix; and that is Link Prefetching. When a link becomes visible in the DOM, the browser fetches it before the user has clicked on it, so it will “Feel” snappier from the user’s perspective. Of course, only the skeleton of the page will be loaded, and things like DB fetch and other heavy stuff that we put in tag in React (and show the user a skeleton of the page instead), will not be loaded at prefetching.

My question is this: is doing such a thing possible in Phoenix LiveView?

Showing Posts 1 to 1

greven

greven

Hey, I agree this would be pretty good to have in Phoenix LiveView, but because of the way LiveView works It is a non-trivial implementation with many gotchas. You can follow a discussion on the Phoenix suggestions forum section about this here:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews