1stSolo
I am trying to trace a problem with pubsub. I confirmed, through logging, that subscription event should get triggered, but client is not receiving it. So I suspect that subscriber loses subscription somewhere along the way. It would be helpful to list all subscribers at the time the message is sent.
object :lock_subscriptions do
...
field :lock_freed, non_null(:lock_result) do
arg(:lock_input, non_null(:lock_input))
config(fn
%{lock_input: %{id: target_id, target_type: target_type}}, _ ->
{:ok, topic: "#{@lock_freed_prefix}:#{target_type}:#{target_id}"}
end)
trigger(:release_lock,
topic: fn
%{success: true, id: target_id, target_type: target_type} ->
"#{@lock_freed_prefix}:#{target_type}:#{target_id}"
|> IO.inspect(label: "SUBSCRIPTION: LOCK-FREED triggered: ")
other ->
other |> IO.inspect(label: "SUBSCRIPTION: NOT FREED")
"not-freed_do-not-publish"
end
)
end
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
bolducp
@1stSolo Did you ever figure this out?
My use case is different, but I’m also trying to find if there is a way to get a list of active subscribers.
@benwilson512 Could you possibly point me in the right direction of figuring out how to find out if there are any active subscribers for a given subscription?
As context, I have some code that does some fairly computationally intensive work and publishes the result via a subscription. If there were some way that I could know whether there were any active subscribers to the subscription, it would be really helpful because then I would just only do the calculations and publish the results if there were actually people subscribed. This is a case where we have things in the application happening that can trigger the re-calculation very frequently, but the calculation is only needed for the purpose of the subscription, so if literally no one is subscribed (which will be the case the large majority of the time), then it would be better to not do the calculation and publish the subscription event at all.
Apologies if this question has already been addressed in the docs or elsewhere. I spent quite a while looking and couldn’t find anything, but I definitely might have missed it.
Thanks in advance for any guidance!