karang

karang

Hello, I am working on a Phoenix app that needs to work with a few different languages. I really appreciate that gettext works out of the box. It is a nice experience. I was just wondering if there is a list of default ecto changeset errors? I have been translating the errors as I see them come up in my forms (ex: “can’t be blank”) but I think I may be missing some that might come up in the future. Would be cool to have a repo with translations for different laguages so we don’t all have to do this ourselves everytime. I would contribute for sure!

Showing Posts 1 to 5

karang

karang OP

Now I realize that if you generate a phoenix app it comes with this file but because have an umbrella app and I generated my phoenix project with --no-ecto it didn’t have it. Later I added ecto for form validations but I still kept the database in another app. Anyway thanks for the answer!!

nathanl

nathanl

@karang You were asking about a repo that has translations to other locales, right? Like

# in es/LC_MESSAGES/errors.pot
msgid "can't be blank"
msgstr "no puede estar en blanco"

I was just wondering the same thing - does such a repo exist? It seems silly for every app that uses Elixir to repeat the work of translating these standard messages into N languages.

nathanl

nathanl

I just created a repo, elixir_common_i18n, to get things started.

florish

florish

Hey, that’s great! I stumbled upon this thread and your repo while searching for Ecto error message translations.

Dutch (NL) translations pull request should be ready to merge.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews