anantharaman445

anantharaman445

Hi I’ve a list of nested maps as like this

[
  
%{
    ingredients: [
      %{"measuring_unit" => "gms", "name" => "okra/bhindi", "qty" => 450},
      %{"measuring_unit" => "tbsp", "name" => "vegetable oil", "qty" => "2"},
      %{
        "measuring_unit" => "tbsp",
        "name" => "desiccated coconut powder",
        "qty" => 4
      },
      %{"measuring_unit" => "tbsp", "name" => "coriander powder", "qty" => 2},
      %{"measuring_unit" => "tbsp", "name" => "cumin powder", "qty" => 2},
      %{"measuring_unit" => "tbsp", "name" => "ground cumin", "qty" => 1.5},
      %{"measuring_unit" => "tbsp", "name" => "cinnamon stick", "qty" => 1},
      %{
        "measuring_unit" => "tbsp",
        "name" => "dried mango powder, also known as amchur",
        "qty" => 1
      },
      %{
        "measuring_unit" => "tbsp",
        "name" => "red pepper flakes",
        "qty" => 0.25
      },
      %{"measuring_unit" => "tbsp", "name" => "red chili powder", "qty" => 1},
      %{"measuring_unit" => "tbsp", "name" => "garam masala", "qty" => 1},
      %{"measuring_unit" => "tbsp", "name" => "turmeric powder", "qty" => 0.25},
      %{"measuring_unit" => "tbsp", "name" => "salt, or to taste", "qty" => 2},
      %{
        "measuring_unit" => "tbsp",
        "name" => "vegetable oil, divided",
        "qty" => 2
      }
    ],
    name: "Stuffed Bhindi",
    other_ingredients: []
  },
%{
    ingredients: [
      %{"measuring_unit" => "gms", "name" => "okra/bhindi", "qty" => 450},
      %{"measuring_unit" => "tbsp", "name" => "vegetable oil", "qty" => "2"},
      %{
        "measuring_unit" => "tbsp",
        "name" => "desiccated coconut powder",
        "qty" => 4
      },
      %{"measuring_unit" => "tbsp", "name" => "coriander powder", "qty" => 2},
      %{"measuring_unit" => "tbsp", "name" => "cumin powder", "qty" => 2},
      %{"measuring_unit" => "tbsp", "name" => "ground cumin", "qty" => 1.5},
      %{"measuring_unit" => "tbsp", "name" => "cinnamon stick", "qty" => 1},
      %{
        "measuring_unit" => "tbsp",
        "name" => "dried mango powder, also known as amchur",
        "qty" => 1
      },
      %{
        "measuring_unit" => "tbsp",
        "name" => "red pepper flakes",
        "qty" => 0.25
      },
      %{"measuring_unit" => "tbsp", "name" => "red chili powder", "qty" => 1},
      %{"measuring_unit" => "tbsp", "name" => "garam masala", "qty" => 1},
      %{"measuring_unit" => "tbsp", "name" => "turmeric powder", "qty" => 0.25},
      %{"measuring_unit" => "tbsp", "name" => "salt, or to taste", "qty" => 2},
      %{
        "measuring_unit" => "tbsp",
        "name" => "vegetable oil, divided",
        "qty" => 2
      }
    ],
    name: "Normal Bhindi",
    other_ingredients: []
  }

]


I just wanted to extract the data where name = “Stuffed Bhindhi”

I tried this ingre_map = Enum.take_while(ingredientslist, fn x → ingredientslist[:name] == “Stuffed Bhindhi”)
but didn’t work getting nil

Showing Posts 1 to 5

idi527

idi527

:waving_hand:

How about

Enum.find(ingredients, fn %{name: name} -> name == "Stuffed Bhindi" end)
anantharaman445

anantharaman445 OP

This one worked man!! Thanks :smile:

mudasobwa

mudasobwa

Creator of Cure

I vote for comprehensions!

for %{name: "Stuffed Bhindi"} = map <- ings, do: map # hd() if there is only one
gerbal

gerbal

In a pipeline if all instances implement Access


  ingredients
    |> Enum.filter(& &1[:name] == "Stuffed Bhindi")
    |> Enum.map(& get_in(&1, [:ingredients, Access.all(), "name"]))

[
  ["okra/bhindi", "vegetable oil", "desiccated coconut powder",
   "coriander powder", "cumin powder", "ground cumin", "cinnamon stick",
   "dried mango powder, also known as amchur", "red pepper flakes",
   "red chili powder", "garam masala", "turmeric powder", "salt, or to taste",
   "vegetable oil, divided"]
]


mudasobwa

mudasobwa

Creator of Cure

Indeed!

get_in ingrs, [Access.filter(& &1[:name] == "Stuffed Bhindi"), :ingredients, Access.all(), "name"]
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews