zeus999

zeus999

While Uploading files with LiveView, is not returning %Plug.Upload{} struct in handle_event/3 function, instead it is returning string something like this "[object File]". Do I need to parse this string to get the struct or there is some different way to handle File uploading with LiveView.

Below is my code for reference.

<%= form_for @changeset, "#", [class: "add-candidate-form w-100", id: "applicant-form", multipart: true, phx_change: :validate, phx_submit: :save], fn f -> %>

            <div class="form-group col-6">
              <label>Resume <span class="text-danger">*</span></label>
              <div class="input-group">
                <div class="custom-file">
                  <%= file_input f, :resume, [class: "custom-file-input", id: "inputGroupFile01", file_input: "one"] %>
                  <label class="custom-file-label" for="">Max size 2 mb</label>
                </div>
              </div>
            </div>

<% end %>

When not using LiveView, this is working fine and I am getting %Plug.Upload{} struct in the params on submitting the form.

Showing Posts 1 to 3

wmnnd

wmnnd

If I remember @chrismccord’s keynote at Elixirconf EU earlier this month, file upload is still a feature on their to-do list.

Also: Explore image uploads · Issue #104 · phoenixframework/phoenix_live_view · GitHub

nall

nall

Hi,
the merge request for the live view upload was merged into master around 2 weeks ago by @chrismccord.
I tried it out, but I didn’t got it working. I used the code example which was shown by @Gazler in his ElixirConf 2019. I got the checkout repo working as the repo uses the feature branch.
If I use the master branch I get this mentiond “[object File]”. So it is working.

Does anybody did an live view upload example app using the master brancch.
Or did I misunderstood something with the merging of https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix_live_view/pull/1184 into master.

thx for any hints/help.

kokolegorille

kokolegorille

Hello and welcome,

I think it’s available now with Phoenix 1.5.7 which includes phoenix_live_view 0.15 :slight_smile:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews