Changxin

Changxin

I’ve installed livebook by livebook_websetup.exe, but I can’t connect to Elixir runtime in livebook with Elixir Standalone on my Windows laptop.

once I click evaluate or Connect button, it shows:

Failed to connect runtime - Elixir terminated unexpectedly, please check the terminal for errors.

I don’t know what to do, I started it by clicking desktop ico…
Anyone can help? Any operations I should try or some settings I should check?

Showing Posts 1 to 7

Changxin

Changxin OP

Well, the solution is change my Livebook installation path, because the old path has space :sweat_smile:

shansiddiqui94

shansiddiqui94

Hey,
I am having the same issue. How do you change the path? Does it involve deleting the local repo and re-cloning?

josevalim

josevalim

Creator of Elixir

Can you please open up an issue?

shansiddiqui94

shansiddiqui94

I fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling again.

martins

martins

I get the same error.
Every time I try to evaluate a cell.
Where can I tail the logs? I couldn´t find anything related in /var/logs
I have reinstalled Livebook, but that made no difference.

I’m using LiveBook 0.11.14 on an Apple M2 Pro running on MacOS 13.0

Cheers,
Martin

abrookewood

abrookewood

For Windows users seeing this error, try re-installing as Administrator. Doing a regular install appears to work, but (for me at least) resulted in the termination error whenever I tried to connect to a notebook.

mardukbp

mardukbp

I had the same issue after installing Livebook on Windows as a user with no admin rights. I fixed it by editing the file %LOCALAPPDATA%\rel\releases\{livebook-version}\env.bat as follows:

- if not defined RELEASE_DISTRIBUTION set RELEASE_DISTRIBUTION=sname
+ if not defined RELEASE_DISTRIBUTION set RELEASE_DISTRIBUTION=name

- if not defined RELEASE_NODE set RELEASE_NODE=livebook-app-!TIMESTAMP:~8,6!-!RANDOM!
+ if not defined RELEASE_NODE set RELEASE_NODE=livebook-app-!TIMESTAMP:~8,6!-!RANDOM!@127.0.0.1

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews