bhougland18

bhougland18

I am trying to install Livebook on Nixos using the escript method, and am getting the following error:

❯ livebook server
/usr/bin/env: ‘escript’: No such file or directory. I apologize in advance, I am a new Elixir user

I followed the instructions an added the escripts directory to my path in Fish shell, but it is still unable to find the path. I have a feeling it is due to my development shell Devenv (www.devenv.sh). However, before I go down that rabbit hole I wanted to check here first and see if this might not be an easy fix.

Thank you!

First Post!

chinponya

chinponya

Escript binary is a part of the erlang package. It should be enough to just add erlang to your devenv, alongside elixir.

Most Liked

hauleth

hauleth

I have created Nix Flake for Livebook if you are interested. This Flake takes care of all dependencies that you would need

https://github.com/hauleth/nix-elixir

I plan on expanding it with more OTP-related projects to be more like Fenix but for OTP related stuff.

bhougland18

bhougland18 OP

Starred this repository. It is my goal to move my NixOS config to a flake very soon based on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJbQ--iBc1U

Thanks for the info!

samrose

samrose

This one works thanks @hauleth I used your work as the basis for a flox version too https://github.com/flox-examples/livebook

Last Post!

samrose

samrose

I posted the wrong link earlier, this is where we had used your example to create a “flox” based example. thanks again for these clues https://github.com/flox-examples/flox-livebook

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews