zizheng
Hi all, I just generated a Phoenix project with mix phx.new myapp --no-html --no-webpack, and found out that I can still access /dashboard for the LiveDashboard.
I wonder how LiveDashboard works in this case, since I have no frontend stuff (e.g. webpack) at all. Specifically,
- Is the content of LiveDashboard predefined somewhere (like within Phoenix) and not modifiable?
- Does LiveDashboard work differently (e.g. bundled vs. unbundled) depending on whether or not I used
--no-webpack?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies
I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
patrickdm
I did the same experiment with an API only proof of concept project and I was surprised to see the LiveDashboard too!
LostKobrakai
LiveDashboard is a completely self contained project, which ships with its own markup/assets. Those don’t become userland code like other stuff the generators generate for you. The only userland code you’ll get is the route placed in the router, some links in the layout for html and some useful plugs. Markup/assets for the dashboard are not meant to be user editable. You can modify the dashboard only through the data passed to the plug in the router, which currently is only metrics via the
MyAppWeb.Telemetrymodule.sfusato
That’s because LiveDashboard inlines the styles and javascript in its root template:
chemist
Edit: False alarm. Config issue. Problem was between the keyboard and the chair.
I can 100% confirm that livedashboard works even with
--no-htmlswitch used in phx proj creation.Chichi
I think using --no-dashboard, do not include Phoenix.LiveDashboard